Last visit was: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:31 pm It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:31 pm

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Best Cable Series' You Probably Aren't Watching 
Wanee Pro

Post Best Cable Series' You Probably Aren't Watching
Late last year I decided to occupy 60% of my days by subscribing to Net Flix. I never knew how many good series are out there that you never see if all you have is basic cable or limited time to waste away in front of the LCD screen. The comedy series' I mention are a must see regardless of genre preference. If you enjoy laughing and want to pass some time until Wanee faster, definitely check these out. My Top 7.

1) The Life & Times of Tim- Curb Your Enthusiasm for the Adult Swim Generation. Who knew monotone dialogue and crude animation could make me make me laugh so hard.
2) Californication- Life Imitating Art or vice versa, Duchovny is the anti-hero that you'll wish was your best friend. Womanizing never seemed so funny with this show.
3) Dexter- Michael C. Hall breaks away from his 6 Feet Under character and plays a wildly entertaining sympathetic serial killer in Miami. Intense suspense mixed with dark humor.
4) Weeds- Casual sex, drug dealing, and suburb satire, and don't forget Kevin Nealon.
5) Extras- Great guest stars and the same formula that made The Office (UK) a hit.
6)Arrested Development- Ron Howard struck gold with this one, too bad Fox doesn't know how to handle television hits. Demented. The syntax errors made during dialogue are what fuel the hilarity in this one.
7) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia- Another cult, under the radar comedy. It really is like Seinfeld on crack. It just has Danny Devito instead.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:19 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Best Cable Series' You Probably Aren't Watching
I totally agree with #1,4,6,and 7! Love those shows. Somethimes I feel like I just cant get sucked into another show. But I know that Californication and Dexter are awesome and I need to work them into the rotation :D

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:07 am Profile
Wanee Master

One word "WEEDS" :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:03 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

I am a fan of Sparticus Blood and Sand. Well, once I got past the multiple 300-ish blood spatter shots and teeny little male anatomies.. I mean come on, all that muscle walking around nude... and nothing! But I digress... The show is pretty good.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

ive watched "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" since the first season (well i buy the dvds cuz i never watch tv), love that show.

"The Whitest Kids You Know" used to come on Fuse, then found its rightful home on IFC. Really funny sketch comedy.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

It's Always Sunny is GENIUS PURE GENIUS.

BREAKING BAD..new season which starts this Sunday. I'm telling you...it is a DO NOT MISS.

WEEDS..love it

rent Arrested Development if you haven't seen it. why it got cancelled I will never understand.

I got sucked into The United States of Tara. the "family" lives in Overland Park..that is a suburb in Kansas and where I spent my first 18 years growing up. It's good, but not as good as the others listed

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Spaztastiq wrote:
Late last year I decided to occupy 60% of my days by subscribing to Net Flix. I never knew how many good series are out there that you never see if all you have is basic cable or limited time to waste away in front of the LCD screen. The comedy series' I mention are a must see regardless of genre preference. If you enjoy laughing and want to pass some time until Wanee faster, definitely check these out. My Top 7.

1) The Life & Times of Tim- Curb Your Enthusiasm for the Adult Swim Generation. Who knew monotone dialogue and crude animation could make me make me laugh so hard.
2) Californication- Life Imitating Art or vice versa, Duchovny is the anti-hero that you'll wish was your best friend. Womanizing never seemed so funny with this show.
3) Dexter- Michael C. Hall breaks away from his 6 Feet Under character and plays a wildly entertaining sympathetic serial killer in Miami. Intense suspense mixed with dark humor.
4) Weeds- Casual sex, drug dealing, and suburb satire, and don't forget Kevin Nealon.
5) Extras- Great guest stars and the same formula that made The Office (UK) a hit.
6)Arrested Development- Ron Howard struck gold with this one, too bad Fox doesn't know how to handle television hits. Demented. The syntax errors made during dialogue are what fuel the hilarity in this one.
7) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia- Another cult, under the radar comedy. It really is like Seinfeld on crack. It just has Danny Devito instead.

Wow Spaz, I should have just said DITTO! :)
BRING BACK ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:19 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

new season of Breakin Bad satrts SUNDAY ....

hell yes Owl ... I appreciate that info....

This show is freakin awesome.....

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:21 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

SOOOOOOO GOOD!!

they are showing reruns from the 1st 2 seasons..people voted on which episides they want re-aired and that is how they chose which ones...

I don't know when it starts though..it has to be this week, to get people up to snuff on the storyline. it has been FOREVER since they took the hiatus!!

WALTER!!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:24 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

New to the show? catch up HERE

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/newtoshow/

the show is about a guy who finds out he has terminal cancer. he's a chemistry teacher and wants his wife, son, and new baby to be taken care of so he decides to cook up a bunch of meth (really GOOD CLEAN meth that is unlike any other on the market) and sell it.

CRAZY!!

http://www.amctv.com/videos/breaking-ba ... 6867723001

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:27 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next