Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:46 pm It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:46 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Designated Gathering Spot? 
Wanee Demi-God

Post Designated Gathering Spot?
Idea.... why don't we designate one spot to meet everyday so we can catch up on the events of the day or previous day?

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed May 20, 2009 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Designated Gathering Spot?
I think we've talked about this but it might be hard since everyone will have their own agenda, ya know. But then there's always the 420 parade :mrgreen: again, schedule permitting! Then again, what do I know!!

Wed May 20, 2009 10:52 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

izzab wrote:
I think we've talked about this but it might be hard since everyone will have their own agenda, ya know. But then there's always the 420 parade :mrgreen: again, schedule permitting! Then again, what do I know!!

I must have missed it.
I said it was a idea but just not a good one!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed May 20, 2009 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I'll be under this:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 20, 2009 11:13 am Profile
Wanee Lover

One of you vets will have to figure out where and when. Maybe someplace you will be going anyway....to get ice and supplies or to check the schedule board?

Wed May 20, 2009 11:18 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

420 parade?...

Wed May 20, 2009 12:22 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

marky wrote:
cybergaloot wrote:
I'll be under this:

Where you there 2 years ago.. :?:

And if so do you remember a guy sitting near all the mics and screaming real loud :?:

You have a weird sense of humor.

Wed May 20, 2009 12:31 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I wasn't taping two years ago so it wasn't me but that is something that ticks off some tapers. Personally, as long as the person isn't intentionally being a jerk, I wont jump on them. I may politely ASK them to keep it down but there is no reason to come down hard on somebody who is just having a good time.

What bothers me are the people who try to cut through all the tapers.

Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

marky wrote:
cybergaloot wrote:
What bothers me are the people who try to cut through all the tapers.

I usually stand near the edge to form that wall to stop that and I'm real quiet.. :?

You're a blocker! Cool. That helps.

People would be surprised to learn why tapers do some of the things they do. Blocking is one of them to protect the gear. Most people aren't malicious, they just don't think. Especially after a day of partying. Some guy who is three sheets to the wind trying to grab hold of our stand to steady himself, not a good thing. They just aren't made for that and the mics pick up the handling noise. If the stand gets knocked over, somebody might get bonked on the head by a pair of mics. That's why I secure my stand to the ground with a stake when I'm out in a crowd like that. Just some of the stuff you have to think about when recording concerts.

Wed May 20, 2009 1:07 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

owllover wrote:
What bothers me is listenting to one of my favorite bands...that a taper was so kind to tape, and hearing stupid girls bantering on about NOTHING....shhhhhhHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :x

There is an infamous recording of a concert by Bow Wow Wow that is noted not for the music but for the two valley girls who talk loudly through the whole thing about absolutely nothing.

I was recording last weekend and it started raining. Hittin' The Note had some canopies set out for people to use so I went under one of them. So did Derek Truck's family. His mother & father, brother Duane and some other relatives. I haven't listened to that particular recording yet but I'm afraid I caught a bunch of their conversation. In this case I'm not worried about them ruining the recording, I'm worried about having invaded their privacy but then it was obvious what I was doing so ...

Wed May 20, 2009 1:14 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next