Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 pm It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 pm

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Food and Beer--I mean, Drink 
Wanee Gnome

Post Food and Beer--I mean, Drink
It is looking like I'll be able to make my first trip ever to Wanee this spring. I only have experience with one other similar event--years ago (2003, I think), my wife and I attended Bonnaroo. At that event, there were many food and drink vendors selling just about anything under the sun. The highlight for me, though, was the brew tent, where several microbreweries were selling cups of really good beer.

While I know folks can't necessarily predict what will and won't be available at Wanee this year, can some folks give me the word on what sort of consumables will be available for purchase?

Thanks in advance for helping out a Wanee virgin!

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:09 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Food and Beer--I mean, Drink
I remember that tent at bonnaroo. That was great. Wanee didn't have the same kind of thing as that but they did have a good selection of great beer. I forgot exactly what they had but it was alot more than the typical Miller/Budwiser swill.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:08 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

FLTiger wrote:
It is looking like I'll be able to make my first trip ever to Wanee this spring. I only have experience with one other similar event--years ago (2003, I think), my wife and I attended Bonnaroo. At that event, there were many food and drink vendors selling just about anything under the sun. The highlight for me, though, was the brew tent, where several microbreweries were selling cups of really good beer.

While I know folks can't necessarily predict what will and won't be available at Wanee this year, can some folks give me the word on what sort of consumables will be available for purchase?

:D There will be a good tent, there, with a couple of microbrews availible. I remember Longhammer, last year, but no others. Sweetwater, an Atlanta brew, will be onhand, or, I should say, it usually is. Their pale ale, extra pale, brown, and, dare I mention from fear of beer snobs, blueberry-infused ale, are all good ( and I'm not keen on flavored ales, myself ) . :mrgreen:

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Two things I saw at Bonnaroo 2003 that I am sure you won't see at Wanee. 1. The brownie tent - openly advertising and selling all manner of special baked goods. 2. The guy with the megaphone shouting "mushrooms" for sale. ;) :o :P

Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

treehugger wrote:
Two things I saw at Bonnaroo 2003 that I am sure you won't see at Wanee. 1. The brownie tent - openly advertising and selling all manner of special baked goods.

The Brownie Mafia. "Ain't no lie. We here to get you high." That's the only slogan that I can personally attest was completely accurate.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Demi-God

libarchiver wrote:
treehugger wrote:
Two things I saw at Bonnaroo 2003 that I am sure you won't see at Wanee. 1. The brownie tent - openly advertising and selling all manner of special baked goods.

The Brownie Mafia. "Ain't no lie. We here to get you high." That's the only slogan that I can personally attest was completely accurate.

Ain't no lie all of Wanee I will be High!!! :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:17 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

NCviper wrote:
Ain't no lie all of Wanee I will be High!!! :mrgreen:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:42 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Demi-God

You with me??? :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:46 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

FLTiger wrote:

Ah yes the Brewer's tent at Bonnaroo! What a great time that was!

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

treehugger wrote:
Two things I saw at Bonnaroo 2003 that I am sure you won't see at Wanee. 1. The brownie tent - openly advertising and selling all manner of special baked goods. 2. The guy with the megaphone shouting "mushrooms" for sale. ;) :o :P

I'm too paranoid to take such folks up on their offers anyway--leaving the campground in the back of a police car would spoil the fun. :roll:

That said, I'm glad to hear that there will be some beer there worthy of the event!

What about food, though? I suppose the usual, hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burritos, and grilled cheese sammiches will be available? Man cannot live on beer alone!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:45 am Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next