Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:39 pm It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:39 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
 June 4th 
Wanee Lover

Post June 4th
I just called Suwanee to inform what time I could get to camp on the 4th. I was told gates opened at 8am, but we could not come in till 12 noon. Can someone clarify? Can i pay a few extra bucks to come in early? Im pulling out of Jax at 5am, dont want to sit around for hours once we get there waiting to get in.

Wed May 20, 2009 10:07 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: June 4th
One thing I learned the hard way....if you're in the campin area past the little general store and mushroom stage, DO NOT walk out the gate to the store before 12 noon, they won't let you back through the gate there by the store before noon. My friend and I went looking for a beer before the kegs were tapped, found some at the store then had to sit there for 2 hours before we could get back to our campsite...no, we didn't have our own beer the first day but we did fill the coolers later that day.

Wed May 20, 2009 10:22 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

marky wrote:
BullMoose wrote:
One thing I learned the hard way....if you're in the campin area past the little general store and mushroom stage, DO NOT walk out the gate to the store before 12 noon, they won't let you back through the gate there by the store before noon. My friend and I went looking for a beer before the kegs were tapped, found some at the store then had to sit there for 2 hours before we could get back to our campsite...no, we didn't have our own beer the first day but we did fill the coolers later that day.

:lol:
You could have walked around the main stage, turned left and followed that road back to your site. :idea:

It was the first Wanee, they had gates at the Y in the road and they wouldn't let you pass on foot either direction, down River Road or to the left past the Mushroom Stage. If were in a vehicle they'd let you through if you had the sticker.

Wed May 20, 2009 11:13 am Profile
Wanee Lover

BullMoose wrote:
It was the first Wanee, they had gates at the Y in the road and they wouldn't let you pass on foot either direction, down River Road or to the left past the Mushroom Stage. If were in a vehicle they'd let you through if you had the sticker.

Sounds like a time to stick out your thumb! 8-)

Wed May 20, 2009 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Lover

so its safe to assume, that if we arrive at 8am, they will give us our sticker and we can find a campsite and set up camp? Just have to not leave on foot until after 12, so we dont get stuck outside?

Wed May 20, 2009 1:12 pm Profile WWW
 [ 5 posts ]