Last visit was: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:33 pm It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:33 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
 Camping: Part 2 
Wanee Gnome

Post Camping: Part 2
This will be my first Wanee experience, as well as 5 or 6 others coming with. We're beyond excited for the music and overall good time. I would love to hear what you guys think about camping and what the best spots are. We're a pretty rowdy crew and are completely open to being close to others, drinking (etc.) with others, and having a plain old good time with others. And of course, we would ideally enjoy being decently close to the stages.

Any thoughts and/or ideas?!

Also, not all of us are able to get there Thursday night. What's the deal on saving one spot beside us for when the rest of us arrive?

Thanks!!!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Camping: Part 2
Multiple "hooligans" ? lol If you are arriving Friday, you can probably forget about being as close to the stages as possible. The veterans will have the main drags by the Mushroom Stage monopolized and I could be wrong but they are mostly for RV camping anyway. Lake Rees (where you can actually hear Mushroom Stage Music over the water) will also likely have no vacancies by Friday since anyone arriving Thursday will have had jumped on that. Saving space is fine, I just wouldn't plan on trying to horde more than 40 feet where ever you are. As long as you show some consideration and play ball, you'll be fine. Personally I enjoy the farm field, lots of open space, private and not too far (my opinion) from the fest gates. Loud Rowdy-ness is more accepted in the fields (and the open space allows you to gain the advantage over sneaky cops) but I just don't see your good time enthusiam being an issue, since there are tons of people with rowdier intentions. If this is your first Wanee, don't go with a set idea of where to camp. The entire camp ground has hundreds of unique and beautiful spots to camp. Even though I'm familiar with the best spots (opinion), I still take 1-2 hours to drive around before I settle just in case a spot that I remember not getting last time is open. Check out my spot from Bear Creek. You'll have a blast.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:50 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Spaztastiq, you're a gem. Thanks for the help. Half of us are getting there Thursday, the other half is getting there Friday. And the farm field sounds legit, more so than spots near the lake (I heard the coppity authority figures like to hang around those parts...)

Another question you might be of assistance...some of us play them 4 or 6 stringed wooded instruments...would it be a bad idea to bring them along? (I ask because I saw in one of your pictures a guy with a stnad-up bass.)

Thanks, again!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:00 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

These guys set up on the last day of creek in the a.m. (wish they did more than play some weird loopy trance all night). They really did it big considering this was in the "Festeroo" area of the park. The whole set up attracted a cop in a quad cab truck and he actually watched in what I believe was enjoyment for 20 minutes. Bring on the instruments by all means, this is one fest where everyone should do everything.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:38 pm Profile
 [ 4 posts ]