Last visit was: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:00 pm It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:00 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 ticket scam 
Wanee Pro

Post ticket scam
NEWARK, N.J. – Three men charged with using computer programs to illegally buy more than a million concert tickets for resale are due in federal court in New Jersey on Tuesday.

Kenneth Lowson, Kristofer Kirsch and Joel Stevenson, all of California, face arraignment on conspiracy, wire fraud and other charges in a 43-count indictment unsealed Monday. The wire fraud counts each carry a 20-year maximum prison sentence.

A fourth man, Faisal Nahdi, is overseas and expected to surrender in the next few weeks.

Prosecutors say the company formed by the men, Wiseguy Tickets, used computer programs to bypass safeguards meant to restrict the number of tickets that each customer can buy. The men are accused of reselling tickets to brokers for a profit estimated at $29 million.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: ticket scam
I kinda miss the 'ol chap. He wasn't an ass about everything.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:00 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I agree Alex.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

What exactly happened with KingRhino? I checked his profile and he last visited the forums Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:03 am.

Ok, I may have answered my own question by looking back at this thread http://waneefestival.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4613&start=20.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Veteran

Wow Amy.
If anyone had a reason to dislike him it was you. You must have a big heart and a beautiful soul. Looking forward to meet you guys at the fest. Puff, Puff, Pass! 8-)

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

He definately got mad at me, for laughing at the joke he did not think was funny. we pm'd a few times back and forth and that's the last I heard.

you can blame me. :cry:

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

thanks Alex..I really do feel badly about him leaving. He said some things but overall I think he was a good guy and I considered him a friend.

wasn't a huge fan of his flashing avatar, but that's a different story. ;)

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover wrote:
He definately got mad at me, for laughing at the joke he did not think was funny. we pm'd a few times back and forth and that's the last I heard.

you can blame me. :cry:

I think you're in the clear.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Wizard

sigh

I thought he enjoyed the forum, but in the end he pretty much said we were a bunch of losers who only want to talk about getting effed up. I'm sure he was angry, maybe he didn't mean it, but if that is how he felt then he probably just didn't want to participate anymore. I didn't take it personally, I hope no one else does either. I'm sure someone will run across hm at Wanee..if I do, I'm buyin him a brew!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:31 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

He is a good guy, and it's too bad people misinterpret him. He's sarcastic to a degree more than most people, but I just don't take it personally and roll with it, and even jab back at him most of the time.
And if you get to meet him in person, he's cool as hell too!
Sure would be nice if he came back around here.... but I am at least hoping to see him at Wanee, etc.

George Matters!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:33 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next