Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:59 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:59 am

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Where to buy cheap tent, etc..? 
Wanee Peach

Post Where to buy cheap tent, etc..?
My wife and I are flying into Tampa from Canada Thursday morning. We are renting a car and heading to Wanee right away but we need a few things first. Where would you all recommend we get a cheap tent, cooler, and a few groceries on the way? We figure picking up a cheap tent is cheaper than getting a hotel and we figure we'll buy our meals from the vendors. We do need a cooler for some drinks though. Thanks in advance for the help!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:35 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Post Re: Where to buy cheap tent, etc..?
Unfortunately the correct answer is WalMart.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:54 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

You might also check out if there are any Target stores on the way from Tampa. I bought camping stuff from them before. Or, perhaps you can buy online and have it shipped to the site?
Then all you need to do is p/u food and beverages on your way in.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I was also in Dick's sporting goods the other day and they had some quality stuff. Not sure if there's one of those in Tampa or on the way to Live Oak.

I still say if all you want is the cheapest thing you can find for the weekend Wally World's where you want to go.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:11 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

walmart always has the tent, cooler and sleeping bag combos. I'm betting its under a hundred bucks and the tent won't last the weekend. the sleeping bags will have broken zippers and i'm gonna steal your cooler or at least a good pile of beer from it. :lol: :lol:

you can always check extra bags and just pay the $50-70 fee. use your tent and bring your own sleeping bags in an suit case with wheels. just keep it under 50lbs. we did this for langeradoo a few years back.

can't wait to party with you in florida swifty. I'll return your red wings hat then :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:15 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Swifty wrote:
My wife and I are flying into Tampa from Canada Thursday morning. We are renting a car and heading to Wanee right away but we need a few things first. Where would you all recommend we get a cheap tent, cooler, and a few groceries on the way? We figure picking up a cheap tent is cheaper than getting a hotel and we figure we'll buy our meals from the vendors. We do need a cooler for some drinks though. Thanks in advance for the help!

When you leave the airport, follow the signs to get on I-275 North, which is the way you'll be going anyways. When you get on the interstate, get off on the 2nd exit (technically the 3rd exit, exit 41A is the 2nd exit and 41B, the one you want, is the 3rd) It is called Dale Mabry Highway. There is a Wal-Mart literally right next to the interstate. Couldn't be more convenient than that.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Thanks kujobie! That will be really convenient.
Looking forward to partying with you again in Florida Jay! It's been a little over ten years now since we last tore it up in FLA! :shock:

I'll have to check with our airline to see how much it is to bring an extra bag down. That will probably be cheaper than buying everything down there.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

:o :oops: :P :x :lol: 8-) :twisted: :roll: :?: :idea: :|

DO NOT GET (outdoor products) TENTS FROM WALWART!
Take it from some one who has, and was extremely disappointed.
They leak...leak...leak... also they are not sewn well. Also they are not made of rip-stop material, they are made from cheap nylon. A persistent rain will soak the materiel enough that beeds of water will form, and when shaken, or bumped into by many a fellow stumbler the water will drip right threw.

You have to take into consideration they lack of quality comes hand, and hand with buying cheap. Also how many festies do you plan on taking this tent? If you plan on taking it to more then one then do not get one from WALMART.

I would suggest checking craigslist, or loacal Salvation Army/Goodwill stores. You still have time, or if you have the cash check out http://www.campmor.com/
they offer next day processing, and extremely reasonable prices.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

fowler wrote:
I was also in Dick's sporting goods the other day and they had some quality stuff. Not sure if there's one of those in Tampa or on the way to Live Oak.

I still say if all you want is the cheapest thing you can find for the weekend Wally World's where you want to go.

There's a Dick's Sporting Goods just north of the airport Citrus park mall off of Gunn Hwy. You may be able to shop online and have it ready for pickup when you get there to save time. I'm an avid outdoorsman and I buy Coleman products exclusively because of the quality, and you can get replacement parts on coleman.com. I have a Coleman Sundome tent that has survived multiple MONSOON camping trips and somehow stayed dry.

WFO!

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:11 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Bass Pro Shops?

I effing hate Walmart with a passion. don't get me started.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 am Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next