Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:40 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:40 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 Colorado Bound 
Wanee Veteran

Post Colorado Bound
Heading out to Colorado tomorrow for some much need skiing!
Will be staying in Denver on Saturday night. Anyone know where there's some live music or shows to see?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:35 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Colorado Bound
Furthur is playing this friday and saturday in broomfield, co. Not sure if that is close or not, but I heard a lot of good things about the CO venue on sirius from other heads.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Check Jambase.com

The music scene there is fantastic. I'd like to go there. have fun. Break a leg. Forget that last one....

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

UGH! Further is playing Sat. night in Broomfield which is 15 miles outside of Denver. SOLDOUT! Like that didn't figure :roll:
Thanks for the Jambase heads up. I'll check it out.

Can anyone in Denver help a brother out? His dumbass just now realized that Further was playing the same F*#king night he's in town. :(

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Alex wrote:
UGH! Further is playing Sat. night in Broomfield which is 15 miles outside of Denver. SOLDOUT! Like that didn't figure :roll:
Thanks for the Jambase heads up. I'll check it out.

Can anyone in Denver help a brother out? His dumbass just now realized that Further was playing the same F*#king night he's in town. :(

DON'T STRESS! Check craigslist. I guarantee you can find a ticket or two for face value.

This is how I have gotten several last minute tix.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Anyone ever heard or seen these guys? Below is the write up on them. Sounds like it could be a good show.

Zen Mustache is a unique force in the modern music scene. They feature an extreme blend of vocal talents, musicianship, songwriting, and improvisation. Dancing shoes required.
Zen Mustache is a collaboration of 6 professional musicians who bring a funky rockin' sound to any stage they visit. They seamlessly and powerfully blend layered harmonies with tight compositions featuring often extensive jams. A live show is not to be missed.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

my girl izzab lives in that area. you might send her a PM

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:38 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Alex, you picked a great weekend to come to Colorado, spring-like weather here!!

Lots going on this weekend...you should totally try go find a ticket for Further. Check craigslist denver/boulder or...I can keep an eye out for you if you want.

Otherwise, here are some other options...
(my first choice): New Mastersound w/ Trombone Shorty @ the Ogden Theater Saturday night. I'm seeing them tonight!

English Beat & Fishbone @ Gothic Theater - Sat
Fox Street All Stars @ Cervantes - Sat
The Bridge w/ American Aquarium - Cervantes Other Side - Sat

Gregory Alan Isakov is at the Fox in Boulder on Friday as well.

Hope that helps!!

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

My brother Alex...you should have gone to Further in Miami with me and da boys, dumbass, I had a ticket for you!!
Just go to the venue Colorado and find your dumbass a ticket there...you CAN NOT miss Further, you've heard me carrying on about the band for a couple of weeks now!!
GET YOUR DUMBASS THERE!!!!
Oh yeah, and have a grateful time out there, see ya when ya get back to town coz!

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:08 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thanks izzab. I will have a few others with me and convincing them to go to Further after skiing all day will be a trick. Old F..ing farts. Maybe I'll just go alone, because you know at the show I'll have lots of friends :D
Great heads up on the local live music scene. Looks like I'll get my fix. 8-)

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:02 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]