Last visit was: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 pm It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 pm

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 N20 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: N20
Put that nugent in your pipe and smoke it!!!

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

treehugger wrote:
Ted Nugent is a self righteous, ignorant, animal killing, hippie hating, environmentally hazardous, right wing idiot!

Sorry about the negativity, but I really can't stand him!

:) Not to worry, my bruthah, I'm in complete agreement. I guess, to Ted, it was okay to LOOK like a hippie, as long as you wore no more than a loincloth, shot flaming arrows, onstage, and rounded up a bevy of 14 yr. old girls to molest. Illicit sex, the touchstone of the conservative right. :roll:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

When Ted called Jerry Garcia a piece of s#%t that pretty much sealed his fate with me. Not to mention he kills as many animals as he can for sport and he supports mountain top coal mining, literally blowing the tops of of mountains to mine the coal! He claims global warming is a farce and that anyone who believes in it is stupid. Who does this asshole think he is anyway! Oh and he is sexist as hell, I almost forgot that part.

BTW - Kindbud, bro. I am a SOS not a BOS! My hubby is on here occaisionally and his screen name is "hugginthetreehugger". Don't worry you aren't the first person on here to call me brother. Tis ok with me, we are all family, related by music and Wanee, male or female or otherwise! :lol:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Pro

libarchiver wrote:
I'm kind of regretting starting this thread. More people want to talk about this than The Allman Brothers.... :?

Lib - Honestly - the issue is a very important one for the community as a whole.

I witnessed first hand the scene around the Grateful Dead turn to s#%t when the drugs and the party became more important than the music. There was a ton of negativity around. You could feel it! I didn't want to be around the crowd before or after the show in the latter 2-3 years.

The Phish scene I did not witness but heard it also went to s#%t for similar reasons - mainly around heroin - another blight on the community.

With nitrous it's more about the 'philly nitrous mafia (PNM)' who bring a thug mentality to the scene. Their only loyalty is to the cash they bring in. They are parasites and a blight on the scene. Their negativity perpetuates through the scene. The drug itself is not conducive to socializing for sure. And the trash - come on people!

I love the scene and people around the music we all pursue. Love meeting the folks, making new friends and meeting them again at other events. It feels like a family to me and it warms my heart. I want more than anything to protect that family.

I hope if the PNM show up at Wanee they are quickly called out for who they are and shown the unwelcome mat. You can get your own much cheaper anyway people. Just look it up www.......

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:16 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

hugginthetreehugger wrote:
libarchiver wrote:
I'm kind of regretting starting this thread. More people want to talk about this than The Allman Brothers.... :?

Lib - Honestly - the issue is a very important one for the community as a whole.

I know, and I agree with you 100%. I just don't think it should be as/more important than what we're all here for...the music.

I just find it ironic that more people want to chat about this, than my awesome time at ABB on Saturday night. Just seems disconcerting to me.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:23 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

I was with you all the way up until the end hugginthetreehugger and the statement of people getting their own cheaper totally contradicts everything you said. Unless I am reading it wrong. Are you promoting or endorsing the use of here which in turn is building a bigger brigade of users? You seem more worried of their thugness and making money. Just curious.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

BTW - Kindbud, bro. I am a SOS not a BOS! My hubby is on here occaisionally and his screen name is "hugginthetreehugger". Don't worry you aren't the first person on here to call me brother. Tis ok with me, we are all family, related by music and Wanee, male or female or otherwise! :lol:[/quote]

:) I do stand, corrected, and I look very forward to meeting you both :D

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I am glad you started the thread. I had not been to a festival in decades until I went to Rothbury with my son last summer. I really did not know about the nitrous craze at festivals. Now I know.

Wookies aren't a big deal to me. As with any label it crumbles around the edges. I know I will still lock valuables up but that isn't because of wookies but to save my stuff and prevent anyone from creating negative karma from stealing.

As a side note was it here or on Inforoo about the guy i n the RV with a Harley on back that got busted at Bonarroo for selling nitrous out in the open. duh.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:58 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

oh,and about Nugent: He is probably doing the best he can ...
Everyone evolves their consciousness at a different pace and starting at different levels. I hope he finds happiness and peace while causing the least amount of harm to others. 8-) 8-)
I HAVE SPOKEN :ugeek:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Wanee Flower wrote:
I was with you all the way up until the end hugginthetreehugger and the statement of people getting their own cheaper totally contradicts everything you said. Unless I am reading it wrong. Are you promoting or endorsing the use of here which in turn is building a bigger brigade of users? You seem more worried of their thugness and making money. Just curious.

I am pretty sure no one here is promoting or endorsing the use of nitrous, but rather saying if you choose to do it, don't support the thugs, order your own. We are not here to tell people whether or not to do drugs, that is a choice each person makes for themselves. We can however ask people not to support an organized crime regime that has moved into our peace loving scene. Hope that clears up your curiosity.

Lib, so sorry to post on this thread yet again but I am defending my hubby since he must have logged off and is not here to defend himself.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:07 pm Profile
 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next