Last visit was: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:32 pm It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:32 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
 So bummed out - husband's broken ankle... 
Wanee Gnome

Post So bummed out - husband's broken ankle...
Does anyone know if there is ANY chance the Spirit of the Suwanee people would be sympathetic and allow us to rent a golf cart or something? My husband broke his ankle and has a bum knee and can put NO weight on that leg for 6 weeks. He won't hop around on crutches or a wheelchair.

We went to Wanee for the second time last year which was also our honeymoon. This is our 1st wedding anniversary (a few weeks later of course). We scored free tickets from the local radio station and have a cabin reserved at one of the springs. Everything was perfect until he fell and broke his ankle...

But we can't go unless we have a mode of transportation at the park. :(

SOOOOO DISAPPOINTED!
Becki

Wed May 20, 2009 10:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: So bummed out - husband's broken ankle...
i would highly suggest getting his doctor to give him a temporary handicap card....
not sure about the availability of carts at wanee but i would also call down there and explain your situation and they can help you figure it out.

I have had 3 knee blowouts in my lifetime and i know what it is to go to a fest when you can't walk well...

hope this helps,,good luck

Wed May 20, 2009 11:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
OUCH so sorry to hear that! I have talked to the peeps at the park...you HAVE to have the certificate*handicap or the thing for the window? And they won't take a reservation for them!! Btdt I was also told you have to rent them for the whole stay & there is a $100 deposit on them that will be refunded when the cart is returned and inspected for damage? The cost is $400.00 and you get $100 back??? Hope this helps get well soon and he would get better a whole lot faster if he stayed off of it! Peace gma

Wed May 20, 2009 11:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Im so sorry to hear about your husbands ankle. For what its worth, if i had a golf cart reserved, i would of given my reservation to you. I shattered my ankle several years back, so i know how it feels. :)

Good Luck on getting a GC

Wed May 20, 2009 11:37 pm Profile WWW
 [ 4 posts ]