Last visit was: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:35 pm It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:35 pm

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 virgin wanee 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: virgin wanee
There must be 2 areas of the SP camping...walking from my site to get in the Peach stage ---ah f -it. I know that I had to wander through a sparse tree area to get in the gate and it was a 2ish minute walk from our camper but I KNOW that we had hammocks tied to trees and ample shade.

But you can ask my husband - he is the navigator...his nickname is Stevie shortcut and mine is Bethie longway. I bob and weave a lot. :)

Hope you get a good/have a good site. Any is better than none.

Thu May 28, 2009 3:47 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

waneelover wrote:
I would call the area sparse treeage. One thing I did not like last year was moving the port-o-lets up along the upper area. Being a shader really stunk but I have to imagine there were SP people that got a nose full.

I'm SP 23......I guess thats what they make earplugs and Vicks vapor rub for!
One other thing to add to my list! :roll:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu May 28, 2009 4:14 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Calypsomamma wrote:
cybergaloot wrote:
kujobie wrote:
I reserved a site with water and electric in the "special persons" area. The site is "J" On the map, it only shows numbered sites, and the special persons sites aren't detailed like sites in the loop or along river road. It just shows "special persons sites 1-71", etc. on an area of the map. Someone has me worried because they are sayng these are the sites right behind the stage which are very unshaded on the satellite view. If that's the case, I may give it up and go with a primitive site. When I'm camping, I like a wooded setting, not one next to a sausage vendor. And I definitely want shade in Florida in June. And advice or info is appreciated.

Little to no shade in that area and its high traffic with lots of people coming and going. That can also make it dusty. Its really only suitable to RVs. I'd personally pick another spot.

Cyber - have to totaly disagree! This is where we camp and we were totally shaded close to the bathrooms, off kind of by ourselves on like a culdesac and right by the Peach stage entrance. I would say a little slice of heaven.

Got your PM. We ended up giving up that site and reserving another one to be next to my brother's site. But we'll be definitely scoping out good sites for next year. This is the first Wanee for both of us.

Thu May 28, 2009 9:42 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

a noobie here...I can't get there till Friday midday and it's just me and my tent so primitvive is fine.......but I really really need some shade....are then any prim sites left at that time with good shade?

Thanks

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:58 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

How about Hammocks... two coming from WV trying to travel light, not trying to camp by car but not have it too far away......... have done alot of shows but first with my older brother so its alittle different.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:36 pm Profile
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4