Last visit was: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:45 pm It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:45 pm

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 what can we take to shows? 
Wanee Gnome

Post what can we take to shows?
What can we take in to the shows? Like can we take soft coolers and stuff like that?

thanks

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:28 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: what can we take to shows?
water

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:26 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Chairs, blankets, cameras, recorders, binoculars, frisbees, hula hoops, squirt guns, etc. I even had lunch brought to me from the campsite once. You can't bring in alcohol or anything illegal :o . As has been said, you can bring in water. They may ask to look into any bags including the chair bags. I think they frown on beach umbrellas or anything that significantly blocks the other people's views.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:25 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

The website says no beer kegs but not anything else about no alcohol? Do they really not allow any other alcohol?

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:32 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Only bottled water is allowed in the concert area, they have many vendors where you can buy beer and food in there. At your campsite you can bring and drink anything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:16 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

As far as drinks go, only water is allowed through. But for food, I usually have a backpack with fruit, crackers, and other little snacks with me so i don't have to go back to camp, or buy the food if I'm starving. They're always pretty cool with that.

George Matters!

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I too carry in snacks, mainly because I'm hypoglycemic and as a taper I can't always run to a vendor when my blood sugar drops. But I would like to remind folks to support the vendors too. I've been involved in putting on blues festivals and the vendors are an important part. They pay the festival with either a cut of their proceeds or with a flat fee up front. That's what the ticket system is all about, its a way to be sure the festival gets its cut if that is the agreement. If they don't make money then they don't come back the next time. Not only would that mean that there will be less choices, the festival may have to jack up its ticket price.

You'd be amazed at how much money it costs to put on a festival. Our little blues festival cost about $50 grand in production costs and band pay. I can't imagine what Wanee costs to put on. All that to entertain about 1,000 people (tops) for a weekend. To make our investment back, we would have to charge a bunch at the gate. Sponsors and vendors help cut the costs so we didn't have to charge the people as much. So I'm not saying blow your money on junk you don't like, but spend a buck here or there with the vendors. Its important!

BTW, I didn't find the food or non-alcoholic drinks to be too out of line price-wise. However I did hear some gripes about beer prices. That may be to keep people from drinking too much, not just to make a bunch of money though I'm sure they make a ton of money on beer.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Considering that beer is the only thing that you can't bring in to the show, I will be showing my support almost exclusively through those vendors. Yes, the prices are not what I would like them to be, but not ridiculous (such as a NFL game). And complaining is not allowed!

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

beerpolice wrote:
And complaining is not allowed!

AMEN!!!!

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:07 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

For those of you who have never been, they do a brief search of your car upon entrance. They are mainly looking for NOS tanks, pets, and other major no-no's.

You can bring beer and stuff into the camping area, but you can't bring beer past the stage gates. They will search your backpack and cooler when you are going into the stage area.

Peace!

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 pm Profile
 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next