Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:14 pm It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:14 pm

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 what can we take to shows? 
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: what can we take to shows?
Jeez, Cyber I am diabetic too...so know that sugar scene way too well!!! Blacked out in a restaurant woke up in trundleberg postion(Head Way down feet up in the air) in an ambulance & heard them saying oh s#%t her pressure is dropping ...blacked out again when I came to there was this guy saying "ROOM SERVICE",I looked around going WTF?? saw all the tubes, lines, monitors etc....and thought this isn't a hotel wtf?(it was like a dream/or nightmare) anyhow that is how the food service is in this hospital worked!! Sure played some head games on me!!LOL But am trying to control sugar with diet as the pills and insulin crap were just too messed up...Have been pretty lucky so far (holding my breath) But will they like search our camper etc??? How does that work? Not trying to do anything illegal by any means was just wondering how they do that!! And yes support the vendors i used to be one...sometimes that is their only livelyhood!!!!

Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:40 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I've never seen them search a car, a camper or a campsite. You can have anything legal at your campsite except guns, fireworks, etc. I had no problem having prepared food brought to me in the festival grounds itself and its illegal for them to prevent you from bringing in water. I suspect they would draw the line at people doing things like grilling in the festival grounds (you just know somebody wants to do that ... idjits). Common sense applies.

And please folks, don't bring those damn glow sticks in and start throwing them. I've seen one break open before and get in a girls eyes, damn near blinded her. Besides, even if they don't break open, its like getting hit with a rock. As a taper, I hate to see ANYTHING flying through the air. You hit my microphones and I'm going to be pissed!

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

So how much do they charge for a beer at the shows? All the same size? Bottled beer?

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:17 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Glowsticks are fun and are a great addition to festivals. But not this festival. Phish, Disco Biscuits, STS9 yes but ABB and company, no! -leave em at home.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:18 am Profile
Wanee Lover

holy crapatola i need to wake up.....i thought this thread said "what can we take to the showers".....
ughhh

completely with ya and understand the stance on both sides for glow sticks..... i just use them to mark my chairs so i can find my way to home base....so you'll see them probably on my chairs(to keep peeple from stepping on me too) and maybe on my camp~sight to mark my tent so i can find my way home, again....
i will not be throwing them !! no worries there...

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 am Profile
Wanee Peach

anybody ever brought a keg in? ;)

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:14 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

The beer prices were not to bad, and the food from the vendors was pretty good. Looking forward to another year at Wanee!!

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I think beers are $4 for a 16 ounce draft. $1 if you have a VIP ticket. There is no charge for the beer you spill on me.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

liketosmoke wrote:
I think beers are $4 for a 16 ounce draft. $1 if you have a VIP ticket. There is no charge for the beer you spill on me.

Thanks Smoke! That's not too bad but I WILL get a good beer buzz on before I leave the campsite since I can drink about 2 or 3 per hour for 3 hours or so. I'll have to go for the highest alcohol content and maybe sacrifice taste....gotta maintain the buzz!

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:29 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

NP, You might consider switching to a light beer. If the festival lasts 8 hours you'll be drinking like 24 beers!!!!

That's almost a case! hahaahha

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:35 pm Profile
 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next