Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 am It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 am

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 what can we take to shows? 
Wanee Master

Post Re: what can we take to shows?
Wow another ancient thread... i just love reading all the stuff i havent before!! makes me smile big!! :D

ImageImageImage

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:31 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

waneewonderland wrote:
Ahh, good beer in a can. How can you NOT bring a beer called "Festie" to a Fest?

I will have a cooler or two well stocked with both of these.

It seems more and more good beers are being canned, which is awesome. Oskar Blues TENFiddy anyone? Althoughmfor this fest it doesn't really matter since bottles are allowed.

I am gonna scope out that Festie beer though. We get star hill distributed down here, but I've never seen Festie, What kind of beer is it? Normally I like IPAs and imperial stouts, but I like to rock a lighter brew at fests, my go to is Magin Hat #9. I've had some good times with #9 and music fests. Plus they have inspirational comments on the caps, my all time favorite....at Wanee last year I opened one that read'"Reach salvation through celebration". I still have that cap.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Made especially for High Sierra Music Fest but not in a can.

luckily, this one comes in a can now.

Hoping to find some of that and or some Torpedo in cans once i arrive in florida.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:55 am Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Veteran

Put vodka in your water bottles.......

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:08 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I am gonna scope out that Festie beer though. We get star hill distributed down here, but I've never seen Festie, What kind of beer is it?[/quote]

From the Starr Hill website:

Festie
Amber Lager
Rich and malty, Festie is now available year-round, and it is our tribute to the great German lager. Its name invokes the German tradition of Oktoberfest, while also paying homage to the end of the summer music festival season.

Also from their site:

“The tag line on the label says 'life is a carnival', in reference to lyrics from a song by The Band. The Starr Hill crew are in many ways like carnies, in a positive way, like a family.”
Mark Thompson
Master Brewer

Is this beer brewed for Wanee of what?? Now I have that song playing in my head . . . which is a good thing.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Veefinger wrote:
Put vodka in your water bottles.......

They had caught on to this last year. I saw them shaking water bottles to see if they foam. :lol:

Stella is now available in cans as well.

Also... I wanted to add that as it gets later in the evening they tend to search a little better. Also the Mushoom entry points are better if you are trying to take in a couple of beers or something from my past experience. My wife only likes a couple of beers and won't drink any draft. She claims it gives her a hangover. I usually bring her a couple in if I can and buy my own.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:10 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

as a wanee noob, i've been going through some old posts looking for info. found this thread so i thought i'd bump it for any other first timers

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:27 pm Profile
Wanee Master

sneake wrote:
as a wanee noob, i've been going through some old posts looking for info. found this thread so i thought i'd bump it for any other first timers

good call. this is actually important stuff to know. Also, large backpacks are now verboten. Small bags and purses are OK.

Fanny packs -- not so much...

I mean, you can get 'em in, but really, c'mon now, fanny packs?

Now a cod piece, on the other hand...

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Lover

They wouldn't let me bring a camelback in to magfest. It isn't very big and I have no issue letting them search it. It isn't a big pack. I am hoping I am able to bring it in as I drink slot of water during the warm days.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:46 am Profile
Wanee Master

Last year they made people empty their camelbaks....said they could fill them up inside at the water station....which is in front of the vendors....between the vendors and the Peach...

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:21 am Profile
 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next