Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:37 am It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:37 am

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Electric campfire jams 
Wanee Peach

Post Re: Electric campfire jams
After some discussion with some of the Campfire Jam veterans, I've decided to pass the torch and let some other folks handle logistics this year. I know it's the end of an era, but all good things come to an end, right? And it's not really an "end" as much as it's an end to me facilitating the River Road Campfire Jam. After four consecutive years, it's time to move on and pass the torch. Part of the decision comes from the park authorities not letting us play passed 1AM, and I believe that comes from the jam location, which has always been in the RV sites on River Road in front of the cabins and behind the Peach Stage. I think the cabin inhabitants were complaining about noise, hence the jams being shut down. Thursday became Jam Night because on Friday and Saturday, the festival bands are all crankin' up, and out of respect for them being the feature attractions, we'd not play Friday and Saturday nights. Besides, my little PA couldn't outdo the festival PA. But Friday and Saturday night, traditionally, we'd wait until the ABB finished their set before we'd crank up the campfire jams. We'd barely get an hour in before "the man" would come by and tell us to shut it down. The first year or two were great, but year after year, we'd get shut down earlier and earlier. Last year on Thursday, they came by and shut us down relatively early. I took it as a sign that maybe the new proprietors of the festival just didn't want any competition from our little "festival within a festival." That's cool. With WaneeFest in it's fifth year, there are many other campfire jams happening all over the park. Find one and jump in. I'll be there this year with bells on, and I'll have a bass with me. It may be an acoustic, but I'll be playing somewhere. It just won't be on River Road. If you were a part of the crowds at previous campfire jams, thanks for sharing in our good time. It was a pleasure and a privledge. There will be lots of fun to be had this year. Get in on some of it! See ya there!

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:19 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Veteran

damn ...

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:36 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

1am is better than 11pm. I was starting to get worried.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:35 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

kujobie wrote:
1am is better than 11pm. I was starting to get worried.

Re-read what big Dave had to say. They shut him down at 1AM one year then earlier and earlier the subsequent years. 11PM is the cutoff time now.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I knew this was coming Dave. You tried to get a definitive answer. I wish it could have been done in the cafe as was suggested.

But you deserve to have a year off too. Everyone knows how hard you work putting these shows together. Thanks Bro! I hope this year will be your all time favorite. See you there!

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:idea: :idea: Never been there but what if we all chipped in and rented one of their Halls :?: Would they allow that? Or do they shut them down earliy too? AND whoever said they are bringing their generator...better talk to the Office on that one..they told me last week that there are designated areas for them?? Just a thought :roll: :) Maybe you could have your jam in the area of the "generators allowed"?? Might be too loud (the other generators? Peace & GOOD LUCK :D

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:32 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Dave, sorry to hear they shut you down. I was at one of your jams and had a great time.

Anybody trying to do an electric jam, figure out how to do it in the Bird Sanctuary. It' really is where the late night stuff goes on anyway.

I saw a group at one of the other festivals that ran extension cords all the way out to the Bird Sanctuary field. Not sure where from. They didn't even start until 12:30 or so and went way late.

You could probably run a small generator off in the woods and be fine. Everybody's up partying all night there anyway. You'll have a crowd for sure.

Dave C.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:48 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Those little battery powered pignose amps are great too.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:52 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I just HAVE to bump up this old thread. Might bring a small amount of gear and just have a few friends over to play some low volume stuff. WTF, right? I'll go 'til they tell me to quit. 8-)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:26 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Demi-God

BigDaveOnBass wrote:
I just HAVE to bump up this old thread. Might bring a small amount of gear and just have a few friends over to play some low volume stuff. WTF, right? I'll go 'til they tell me to quit. 8-)

You go Dave!! Make'm tell ya to stop!!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:33 pm Profile
 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next