Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 pm It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 pm

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 where is everyone camping this year? 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: where is everyone camping this year?
hey... ethan created that festival. it was his to run into the ground.

Mon May 25, 2009 10:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

dwave wrote:
Langerado 2008 had to be one of the worst festivals I have ever been to in many ways! It wasn't the music, but was very poorly run! I have to say that I was very happy it got cancelled this year after the move again. I have heard soo many great things about Wanee, cannot wait!

Funny how perspective is different. We live like 20 minutes from Big Cypress. Langerado 08 was the best experience we ever had. The crowd was so great. Although I agree with the disorganization. We drove in for day parking on Thursday, No one knew where to park us and it took about 4 hours to get in. After that getting back and forth was easy the rest of the days.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon May 25, 2009 10:47 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Veefinger wrote:
hey... ethan created that festival. it was his to run into the ground.

That is so true. The music was so good last year. Phil played a great set, The Mule rocked, GPN blew my mind, I even dug on REM and the Beasties a bit. I just don't understand how you go from that 2008 lineup to 2009. Anytime Matisyahu gets top billing for a festie, watch out!!!

Does anyone know what's shaking for Saturday at Midnight? Wailers got das boot. Family Jam???

Mon May 25, 2009 11:30 am Profile
Site Admin

GratefulBilly wrote:
Does anyone know what's shaking for Saturday at Midnight? Wailers got das boot. Family Jam???

The boot? Main page here still shows them and The Wailers site does also. Details? I must have missed something somewhere.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Mon May 25, 2009 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Fan

It seems that the Wailers were supposed to go at Midnight on Saturday. There website has there time listed as not midnight and the Wanee website has them not listed as the Saturday Midnight show anymore. When Buddy Guy was announced on the website, that is when the Wailers just went to performong at no specific time. Which leads me to believe/hope that Warren will lead the charge on a tour of the sweet, sultry sounds of the Grateful Dead....ok that was stretching it a bit!!! So any leads???

Mon May 25, 2009 11:45 am Profile
Site Admin

Not to hijack the thread but The Wailers originally had an earlier time listed on their site and was changed recently to 12:00 midnight at http://www.wailers.com/tour . I thought maybe you had some insider info that would need to be added to the user generated schedule. I'll leave it alone for now. A close to the fest like you suggest would be great!

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Mon May 25, 2009 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Master

iluvtopanic wrote:
Andiebee you can join our posse. Any Feat fan is more than welcome!Were looking to track down some good music and good times.

I'm just seeing this! Thanks for the invite! I'll be wandering around and we'll meet up! Love to meet new friends and this place is full of them.

Mon May 25, 2009 1:08 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

as a matter of fact i saw the wailers in maryland last night (see my ex is a **&%%$##**) i spoke to their tour manager and he said that they are under the impression that they will do the 1200 midnight show.

not sure how that makes people feel.
closing is nice but leaving that space open for a wanee guest jam would be cool too.

Mon May 25, 2009 8:47 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

We are camping where we camped the last three yrs. in the Wanee Woods! :D

Mon May 25, 2009 10:24 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

OK, this may offend some people.......The Wailers have no business closing this festival out. Family Man is totally driving this band into the ground. He is a great Jamaican producer, but the Wailers are riding coat tails from 30+ years ago. I have seen them so much it is ridiculous. I love me some Ragu Festeevawl, but they played the same set for 2 years. I haven't seen them since Langerado last year, but they didn't "kill it". They are a Saturday Post-Grace, Pre-Doobies type of band. Around 530 for sunset????

Tue May 26, 2009 1:18 am Profile
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next