Last visit was: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 pm It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
 Captain Beyond 
Wanee Lover

Post Captain Beyond
I've made a career of making people listen to obscure music(my poor wife)that no one asks to or wants to hear. I feel there is no better place to find Captain Beyond kindred spirits than the Wanee forum. I consider this band the greatest unknown rock band of all time. Are there any Captain Beyond fans out there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2L8wheRPpM

Mon May 25, 2009 9:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Captain Beyond
Thanks hoodycat,

They are all still alive. The lead singer, Rod Evans, played with Deep Purple and is famous for their song "Hush" from 1968. He got into a conflict with Richie Blackmore and was replaced by Ian Gillian. No one has heard from him or can find him. The bass player, Lee Dorman, is now on tour with Iron Butterfly. He was the bass player on Innagottadavita. the drummer, Bobby Caldewell, was the drummer on Rick Derrengers Rock and Roll hoochie koo. Gary Reinhart(Rhino)is an extermintor in Florida. They were basically a bunch of wastoids that was badly managed.

There first album "Captain Beyond" is classic. Their second " Sufficiantly Breathless" is great. There third comeback album from 1977 " Dawn Explosion" blows.

[img][IMG]http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7448/beyond.th.jpg[/img][/img]

Tue May 26, 2009 12:15 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Captain Beyond
LARRY (Rhino) had a band in JAX in 69 (Larry and the Load) that were hot trio. They played and jammed with the preAllman Bros. crew regulars Duane,Dicky,Berry,Butch,David Brown, Rhinos signature song was Manic Depression he could rip.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:48 pm Profile
 [ 3 posts ]