Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Golf carts 
Wanee Fan

Post Golf carts
I don't normally rent a golf cart for Wanee, but this year I probably will, as we'll have some kiddos with us.

Does anyone know if I need to reserve a cart ahead of time, or if it's first come first serve when you get there?

George Matters!

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:40 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Golf carts
I think they no longer take reservations for golf carts. It is first come first served.

Call the park to be sure: (386) 364-1683

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:13 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Yeah Im thinking about gettin one of those this year. How much do they cost?????

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I rented one in 07 and it was about $300 for 3 days. It was great to have. We spent a lot of time offering people rides and helping out. You make a lot of friends with a golf cart. TIP: request a gas powered cart instead of electric. The electric runs out too fast and takes a long time to charge.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Pulled this up from the back... Anyone know the cost from last year?

Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

$500 at the park $200 if you bring your own . that was last year price

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

AndieBee wrote:
Pulled this up from the back... Anyone know the cost from last year?

$125/day for 3 days, $375. + $100 refundable deposit. They were out when I tried after arrival at Wanee 2013, and at Bear Creek 2013.
The cost at the lightfest 2013 was $100, for 2 days, and part of the package.

$200 to bring your own or a rental in, BUT if you are handicapped with a placard, maybe no charge due to ADA. Works for some.

Oh noooo... Image hot button..

[rant] You would be WAY better off finding a local vendor that will deliver into the park. I believe there are a few.

**PERSONAL EXPERIENCE- for what its worth** OPINION ONLY.

I an a professional maintenance mechanic, and in primary charge of ~ 50 gas carts and ~20 electric. Secondary in charge (they only call me when they cant figure it out) of 20 at the golf course. I assist in troubleshooting, fixing and advising on outside service for ~200+ other carts belonging to residents. I am familiar with the care and maintenance of golf carts and smaller utility carts like carryalls. (...and ASE certified for work on Class 8 over the road trucks, and trained on CAT-Ringpower/Deutz/Kubota off road equipment. If it has wheels or tracks, I can fix it. :geek: )

When I had the opportunity to use the SOSMP carts this last december I was appalled. The cart I was givin, right off the line, had 2 flat front tires. As the guy grinned and handed me the keys. :( I was already somewhat familiar with where the air pump was, as i had watched ANOTHER renter filling his tires when i first went to the general store to get the cart. AND.. riding down to get MY cart, we passed another coming up the path to fill theirs. A rental. If trained, you can hear low/flat tires on electric carts, they are so quiet otherwise. (Faloop faloop faloop...) So... minutes later, getting mine with flat tires I knew the drill. The air pump is by the ice machines , to the right of the gen store as you look at it. The hose is coiled up on a holder, and you may have to turn on the small compressor. Pretty easy to do. Get used to it, prolly a daily routine for the cart driver.

They give you the charger for the cart under the seat. THEY NEVER TELL THE USER THEY CAN TAKE THE CHARGER OUT. :lol: So you see these poor souls looking for an outlet that is 3 foot or less from the edge of the cart so they can plug it in. Which isnt many places. I enlightened a few people. The outlet can be 10+ feet away and be safely used... like the one on the porch of our rental cabin.

The carts are so poorly maintained as to be dangerous. Flat tires not only limit range, but are dangerous. I am not sure if they brought out the sh*t line for a smaller event, but most of the rentals were of similar poor quality. IN MY OPINIION ONLY! I may be totally misinformed, and not know what I am talking about. Really. This is just opinion.

When my first rental failed to operate ( primary relay failed, not really uncommon...can happen) BOTH the 'online' carts they gave me to choose from at the store had flats. sad.

PLEASE google and see if there are other vendors. Get a gas cart, as they are much more suited for the rough terrain and long hours of wanee.

I LOVE SOSMP, but cant condone poor maintenance. its not that hard. I do know that.
[/rant]

See if you can locate a local vendor. Other SOS/BOS may have used them.

( I am pretty sure )

Should i find different on SOSMP rental carts in the future, I will go to great efforts to trumpet their improvement. I hope that has to happen.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:59 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

I know a place that will deliver if they have 4 or more rented, I rented from them last year but had to pick it up .it was I believe right at $200 for the whole week and a gas cart, message me I can give you the ladies number and we can just tell her its going to wanee

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:49 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Park Golf cart policy.
http://www.musicliveshere.com/content/golfpolicy

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Waneebe wrote:

Yeah...

Quote:
Engines are not to exceed 14 HP.
Golf carts with a maximum lift of 4” – 8”.
Golf carts with a maximum tire size of 23x11x12.
Golf carts are to be equipped with stock mufflers or the equivalent – not to exceed noise level of a stock muffler.

Lets just say that maybe some of these policies were not fully enforced. I saw (and heard) a few 22-26HP twins out there.

But all in all a freedom lovers rulebook.

Waneehauler will be 9HP Kawasaki single cyl. Stock. 8-)

Met with the upholstery guy today. Final plan has it seating 9.
Construction is underway. I already have aluminum 2x2 and 1x1 stock on hand. Recycled from an awning takedown. :) One mans trash....

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:14 pm Profile WWW
 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next