Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:42 pm It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:42 pm

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Golf carts 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Golf carts
actcomp wrote:
Thanks everyone. That's going to be a big help for me. I have a prosthetic leg and would like to explore the whole park while we are there. I'm going a couple days early to try to pitch a tent by the lake which I should be able to walk to the stages from there fine, but to the river where the boats are I'd never make it.

Jim

Jim, there is so much more to see on a golf cart. There are some really amazing places at the park! Still finding them after going up there since 2007!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
Here is a quick tease. :)

My golf cart modifications are going well, basic framing finalized.

8-) Very nice, Randy. 8-)

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

howdog wrote:
michelle at 813 997 1297 tell her its for wane so she knows howmany are going there

bumped for funkengroove

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Volkemon wrote:

My golf cart modifications are going well, basic framing finalized. Close enough that I can start to estimate exterior treatment needs. For reference, I am 6'1" , 220# and look like a mobster according to Maestro63. 8-)

Note how my attire is 'Florida Industrial Park Camo' green/grey. :lol:

Looks like fun...

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:

My golf cart modifications are going well, basic framing finalized. Close enough that I can start to estimate exterior treatment needs. For reference, I am 6'1" , 220# and look like a mobster according to Maestro63. 8-)

Not sure how I missed this, but damn Randy - That is looking bad ass!

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Oh Yes SIR!

Aiming high, and willing to shoot.
Keep Rockin', NO stoppin' till i win the prize..
Straight ahead, knock 'em dead.
No Compromise.
Tough it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlkaxyYDBI8

if that tune dont get you going...check for a pulse. :lol:

Got the rest of the framing in now, and the handicapped assist bars for the front passenger.

Need ~50 sq feet of diamond plate next... 10+ yds marine canvas... FOAM for seats.. lots getting ordered. Glad i started early. This thing is getting out of hand.

WANEE!!

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:13 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

I just hope those side seats don't stick out too far....wrecking with another cart...or with a tree that is sometimes close on those back roads. Better be careful with that....

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:34 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Total width with steps down is just over 6 feet. The convex mirrors will be spaced at that width to let the operator know. The 'wink' mirror in the center will allow for rear traffic view, the two side convex mirrors will allow for view of the steps and passengers in back.

This is NOT going to be a 'anyone drives it' cart. It is being designed for a trained operator. Handicapped transport in the front (if needed) , general transport of people and/or cargo in back. Fully loaded it will be at or slightly above the designed GVW for the cart. Clearance, braking and handling will not be like a 2-seat cart. The other operator (Howdog) will be taking the cart to his place the weekend of march 30 to allow him time to practice and familiarize himself with the handling of the cart.
I am very familiar with the operation of these carts with over-GVW loads. :) Below is my tow/recovery cart. It has a 6K generator, air compressor and 100 foot air hose reel inside the box. look between the tail lights, and you may just make out the hidden winch. 10K with 150 feet of cable. I chain off to trees, and pull the BIG mowers out. Before I built this, we used a tractor. This rig tops out at 30MPH. Now, when we have residents get stuck in the rough during a round, I get out there fast enough to get them out before they lose their place on the course. ;) Makes for good tips.

Attachment:
Picture 010.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Damn Brother....I'm sorry for even mentioning a potential problem.
You've got it all figured out...down to the final screw.
That is nice work and grate engineering.
(Patent this sucker while you can. In a couple years you could be a rich man...going to nothing but festies. While in the Army...I had a cousin that invented the little stand that hospitals use to hang glucose, etc on and can roll them around. Of course, he didn't do anything with the stand, other than use them on base...but someone saw it and probably made a fortune out of it.)
I am serious...you need to do something with this..before someone sees this online and duplicates your engineering feat.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:29 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks for the concern!
Quote:
Damn Brother....I'm sorry for even mentioning a potential problem.
You've got it all figured out...down to the final screw.

Feel free to chime in. I can get blinded by a project being so close, and not see the forest sometimes... never hurts to point out things... more eyes the better.

I have not posted many pics to hinder copycats. The concept is easy to duplicate, but a lot of the construction details towards operation and maintenance are not obvious. I am 'ballparking' (its a word now :lol: ) the seating unit on the back being a ~$3500 item to add to a carryall 2. I used a lot of reclaimed material in construction, so I have to spec out a materials list for the framing as to have an accurate cost analysis to duplicate this using all new materials.

to get your own Carryall2 / Turf 2 (same machine, different markets) -
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0 ... carryall+2

Then schedule with me on having yours made. :)

There already has been interest. I have 2 people that want first option on buying it when complete, and turned down a pre-construction offer of $4k. Guy thought he was being generous. :roll:

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 am Profile WWW
 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next