Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:15 am It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:15 am

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Golf carts 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Golf carts
A major company could probably do it cheaper....but the real money would be in patenting and selling the concept to golf manufacturer or someone of that nature... See you on Shark Tank soon though.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Rivernole wrote:
A major company could probably do it cheaper....but the real money would be in patenting and selling the concept to golf manufacturer or someone of that nature...

We buy 2-3 each year, and have ~40 in the fleet. The vehicle below was $11,500, and about a year old.
*edit:That reads wrong.. We purchased it new, it has been with us a year.
$8K for the Carryall2, and $3500 for the box and rack. And that is the best price we could find. The box is a 3 compartment 4 door with dividers in the sides. Not a complex thing to make. ( We dont do them in house 'cause we dont have the tooling here)
Attachment:
Picture 011.jpg

I think a major company would be charging the same $3500 or more for an upholstered passenger box. :) and I also think the market is small enough to not warrant attention from major manufacturers. I would be surprised to get 3 orders. But I am open to being wrong. :D

I wont be surprised if I come home from WANEE without this one, however. Lots of people will impulse buy things like this. I have to have a sell price in mind when I go. ( Not my first rodeo here... )

EDIT - had to google Shark Tank - neat concept! I dont watch TV, so hadnt heard.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Last edited by Volkemon on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:29 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Volkemon wrote:
I would be surprised to get 3 orders

You might be right... but you have already had 2 offers...so there is a market.
You'll be surprised when one day you see one on the market.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

LOL.. I need a manager. Let me do what I do best, and get xx% of something instead of 100% of nothing. :)

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:41 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Chiming in here to add my very much impressed :shock: compliments to the Mad Golfcart Modder, Volkemon :D

A very cool mod, and well though out. I know some mobility impaired folks that would love having that. Most of them are not well funded, but certainly here in FL there are many that *are* ...

Those here advising furthering this as a business venture are on to something I think. Better mouse trap and all that! Hope to see it in action at the SOSMP 8-)

Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I am going to make it a priority to help the mobility impaired to enjoy as much of SOSMP as I have on my bike. I have taken my mobility for granted, and not thought out how blessed I am.

Thats how the cart went from a 'People Hauler' to a 'People that REALLY need help hauler'.

WANEE!!

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:20 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Volkemon wrote:
I am going to make it a priority to help the mobility impaired to enjoy as much of SOSMP as I have on my bike.

WANEE!!

True spirit of our Festie. I heart you Volkeman! In a noncreepy, stalkery kind of way...

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Mama Wanee wrote:

True spirit of our Festie. I heart you Volkeman! In a noncreepy, stalkery kind of way...

Sooooo... I am being stalked, but in a comforting manner. I am cool with that. :lol:

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:18 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Rivernole wrote:
I just hope those side seats don't stick out too far....wrecking with another cart...or with a tree that is sometimes close on those back roads. Better be careful with that....

Good thinking. I did not consider just how far the steps went out, relative to the front bodywork. Allowing for the environment the cart is designed for, and to also allow for emergency use by non trained operators, I am going to build 'feelers' that have indicators (Lights? pom poms... BOTH?) out the front that are 1) easily deployed and 2) non damaging on impact. :) Like spring based antennas... :idea:

Front view, shows 'Danger' width.

Attachment:
Picture 031.jpg

3/4 view shows it better..

Attachment:
Picture 032.jpg

Thanks for the design improvement Rivernole. ( Richard. :) )

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:41 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Only happy to help.....
but dang....didn't realize it stuck out that much either.
You could use like an antenna with a spring from a car....
simple mounting problem and sufficient for the job.

You know how some antenna have the springy part at the base...that is what I am talking about.

Last edited by Rivernole on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:00 pm Profile
 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next