Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:58 am It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:58 am

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Golf carts 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Golf carts
Rivernole wrote:
Only happy to help.....
but dang....didn't realize it stuck out that much either.
You could use like an antenna with a spring from a car....
simply mounting problem and sufficient for the job.

You know how some antenna have the springy part at the base...that is what I am talking about.

Yep. Good call.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:11 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

You just don't want to drive down the road and pop someone with the metal spring.....someone other than the pedestrian might get hurt.... :lol:

I think with this idea, all you need to do is drill a hole through the bumper and attach a lock nut. Probably can pick up one at a junk yard....cheap.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:19 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Volkemon wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
Only happy to help.....
but dang....didn't realize it stuck out that much either.
You could use like an antenna with a spring from a car....
simply mounting problem and sufficient for the job.

You know how some antenna have the springy part at the base...that is what I am talking about.

Yep. Good call.

Awesome golfcart!!!might have to flag ya down.They have curb feelers for rims real cheap online

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:38 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I'm renting a golf cart from a company near Live Oak. When I inquired about insurance they told me that they knew of no company that would provide insurance to "renters". One way around this is to call your auto insurance or homeowners insurance company and tell them you bought a cart and want to insure it. The rental company can provide you with the make, model and serial #. Once the fest is over cancel the policy. Sounds simple enough.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

actcomp wrote:
I'm renting a golf cart from a company near Live Oak. When I inquired about insurance they told me that they knew of no company that would provide insurance to "renters". One way around this is to call your auto insurance or homeowners insurance company and tell them you bought a cart and want to insure it. The rental company can provide you with the make, model and serial #. Once the fest is over cancel the policy. Sounds simple enough.

Maybe SOSMP Golf Cart Insurance is similar to the SOSMP Golf cart maintenance... an imaginary object. :lol:

I cant imagine ANY sane underwriter insuring the flat tired piece of sh*t i got for a SOSMP rental..

[/rant]

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:33 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

actcomp wrote:
One way around this is to call your auto insurance or homeowners insurance company and tell them you bought a cart and want to insure it. The rental company can provide you with the make, model and serial #. Once the fest is over cancel the policy. Sounds simple enough.

This is what we have done on several occasions! Has worked everytime. Do not tell them (insurance company) it is a rental though!

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:54 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Capt Brian wrote:
actcomp wrote:
One way around this is to call your auto insurance or homeowners insurance company and tell them you bought a cart and want to insure it. The rental company can provide you with the make, model and serial #. Once the fest is over cancel the policy. Sounds simple enough.

This is what we have done on several occasions! Has worked everytime. Do not tell them (insurance company) it is a rental though!

and that is why we made you Capt of our Ship Of Fools 8-) ;)

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:25 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:
Capt Brian wrote:
actcomp wrote:

and that is why we made you Capt of our Ship Of Fools 8-) ;)

Love it :P :P :P :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:29 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Got 10/10/20K liability on the cart today from my insurance agent. $77 for THE WHOLE YEAR. :lol:

Set for Bear Creek also now. :)

Foremost Insurance Company, Grand Rapids, MI. NAIC# 11185

If you are in Brevard county, my agent will write one up for you. If not, most any agent should be able to.

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:33 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
Here is a quick tease. :)

My golf cart modifications are going well, basic framing finalized. Close enough that I can start to estimate exterior treatment needs. For reference, I am 6'1" , 220# and look like a mobster according to Maestro63. 8-)

Note how my attire is 'Florida Industrial Park Camo' green/grey. :lol:

New pics tonight I hope, but I am home for lunch and the Upholstery guy is sewing away. Howdog is picking it up next weekend... it WILL be ready.. :lol:

WANEE!!!!

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 pm Profile WWW
 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next