Last visit was: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 pm It is currently Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Noob Camping Question 
Wanee Gnome

Post Noob Camping Question
Attending my first Wanee this year and am rolling in not knowing a soul (ie, nobody to hold a camping spot for me). My plan is to get there about mid-day on Wednesday. How likely am I to find a decent camping spot?

Not doing RV or anything, just my car and tent. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:41 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Noob Camping Question
Snyooterdynck wrote:
Attending my first Wanee this year and am rolling in not knowing a soul (ie, nobody to hold a camping spot for me). My plan is to get there about mid-day on Wednesday. How likely am I to find a decent camping spot?

Not doing RV or anything, just my car and tent. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

The park is HUGE!!!!!!

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

There are TONS of decent camping spots. And even more definitions of 'Decent Camping Spot' :lol:

Arriving Wednesday you will beat the crowds. No Problem. 8-)

For me and my crowd, a 'Decent' camping spot is a bit of a trip away, but just off the main path. (Others would say I am 'WAY too far out' ) The area we are in doesnt start filling up until friday morning.

For others, decent camping is very near to the stage. Those areas fill in quicker, but I will let them give you details.

DONT SWEAT IT ABOUT GETTING A SPOT. There are tons of them. Spend your time going over the 'What should I bring' lists here. Some things may apply, others may not.

Your camping style will also affect your choices - lets say bathing. I think there are many that see a festival as a pass to dismiss bathing and deodorant altogether for as many days as possible. (Then they find me and stand next to me.. :? :lol: ) This type of person is not worried about shower proximity.
Lets say you are a bit more hygienically oriented... Camping near a good shower does limit your choices!
(There is the third option, bring your own, but thats a 'Wanee 201 ' subject. ;) )

If you have questions...ASK. Its that easy. :mrgreen:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:24 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Blah blah blah we only care what you think about chairs in front of the peach stage

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:51 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

These clowns are setting you up for disappointment. If you don't get there until Wednesday afternoon, you're likely to get turned away because the park will be full.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:38 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Primitive Camping...PLENTY of spots. Do some research of the parks maps. On the parks web site under "Directions'', there are maps.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:43 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Camping will be no problem....finding an area will not be problem...drive around until you find an area that looks good to you....
you ask and you shall receive....when you find a spot you like...just ask the neighbors if that spot is taken...and if they mind you camping beside them. Most everyone I have met at Wanee is more than obliging...and willing to help if you forgot anything. Plus there is a store if you did. And if it is a big item....Wallyworld is just down the road a few miles...easy to get to.
Be friendly with your neighbors and they will be friendly to you.
Don't try to camp anywhere there is a numbered site...as those are reserved. And don't take down a rope or marker for area....this is usually someone that got there earlier than their campmates and they are holding the spot for their regular campers. Be a good camper and not an @$$h0/3 and everything will be fine.
There is plenty of room....and plenty of good sites.
Don't worry....
Remember...this is a marathon and not a sprint....moderation is ideal.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:46 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

SeaPA wrote:
These clowns are setting you up for disappointment. If you don't get there until Wednesday afternoon, you're likely to get turned away because the park will be full.

the park is never full to the point of turning people away

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:47 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

just Howie wrote:
SeaPA wrote:

the park is never full to the point of turning people away

:mrgreen:

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I can't believe you'd have a problem on Wednesday. Hell, I showed up on Friday afternoon one year (the last Allmans show) and found a place. Just a question of what sort of site you're looking for. You can find some pretty quiet spots, some party spots. Personally, I like to be fairly close so I can pop out for a little refreshment between bands (you can spend an alarming amount of money on beer if you drink all weekend and buy from the vendors).

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:47 am Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next