Last visit was: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:27 pm It is currently Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:27 pm

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Hulaween 2015 
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Post Hulaween 2015
I spent a little time talking with a Mountain Jammer about Hulaween. He may have convinced me to go but I can't find any info on it for this year. Who all is going from here? Does anyone have any info/links?

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:56 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Post Re: Hulaween 2015
I think there is a FB group already. Brandi & Brian are going with their big scary camp and the Home Team always has a good showing too.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:33 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Teresa and I are planning on going after talking to Brian.
He told me it was the best music he's seen in the park and he's seen almost as much as Brandi. ;)

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:17 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Hulaween is definitely becoming the flagship festival at the park. Production is over the top awesome, music is phenomenal, and its on Halloween... At the Suwanee, what other selling points should there be?

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:15 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
I spent a little time talking with a Mountain Jammer about Hulaween. He may have convinced me to go but I can't find any info on it for this year. Who all is going from here? Does anyone have any info/links?

Here ya go:

http://suwanneehulaween.com/

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:06 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

ReverendHugh wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

Here ya go:

That's the 2014 page Rev! :?

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:16 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
ReverendHugh wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

Here ya go:

That's the 2014 page Rev! :?

Hugh's stuck in the past ;)

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:56 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I went to Hula last year and was blown away. Production of Hula is over the top; lighting, decorations, pyro, HUGE sound, and 3 full music areas. The lineup was great last year and from what I have heard this year we can expect some huge things. The spirit lake stage was simply amazing and I cannot wait to see how big they go this year.

The only issue I had last year is that it was deadly cold-like full on uncomfortable, cannot get warm, don't want to get out of your sleeping bag even though I have a winter hat and mittens on cold. I am really hoping this year is warmer.

The crowd skews a little younger than some other festivals but that does not bother me at all plenty of good vibes and i did not see any of the younger crowd getting too far out of line.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:26 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I've been to both. Easily the best festival at SoS, which says a lot because there are so many good fests at Suwanee. Definitely go.

It was damn cold last year though. As long as you were by the stages it was ok, but back at the campsite it was freezing (literally, it was <32 degrees out so by definition it was freezing). It was so cold I actually slept in my car the last night.

Still an amazing amount of fun though. Music stage at Spirit Lake was a ridiculous idea. Words can barely describe what was going on there by I will try:
-Kung Fu on stage
-ariel ribbon dancers right beside stage
-fire dancers off in the corner
-visual arts galore with live painting and psychedelic displays
-huge metal statues with flames coming out of them from all angles
-everybody raging

All of this was going on simultaneously at one point.

Mind. Blown.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:43 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

I heard the worse part was the high winds which caused a ban on camp fires.

Bear Creek last year was cold-35 degrees, but no wind.

Our group rented out the Pavilion so we had electricity for our electric blanket and were very comfortable in our tent.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:20 am Profile
 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next