Last visit was: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:20 pm It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:20 pm

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Chairs 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Chairs
Got a e-mail about a chair policy on a Avett Brothers concert we will be going to this weekend. Confusing on what chairs are allowed. Seems like music festivals should adopt a policy with no chairs up front and chairs allowed in the back in a designated 'chair area".

"In response to multiple requests, those attending the Southern Grown Saturday night concert are now welcome to bring folding chairs (or blankets if preferred). Chair bags (the sleeves that hold them), lawn and oversized chairs will not be permitted."

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:54 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Post Re: Chairs
awwwww yessss...
the old chair debate.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:24 am Profile
Wanee Lover

A chair.
Where?
There.
Don't care.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Chairs. Yeah. Follow the link. On campus and safe. :)

Quote:
Answer: Chair squat ;)

As a longtime SOSMP patron, going to the Magnolia events, there's a long standing informal 'rule' about the chairs for those fests: Set yours where you please, but it's available for anyone to use, if you aren't there using it. The implied rule is be nice, and don't get wound up if someone is lounging in your chair, just ask for it back. Accordingly, don't be a tool when someone reclaims their chair; be appreciative that it was there for you to rest in for a spell. Works very well. One time I had a dolt do minor damage my chair, but after 10+ years it's a pretty foolproof approach.

While there's lots of younger folks (well, younger than *me*, which is an increasingly larger & larger segment of the festy audience :P ) at Wanee, there's definitely a segment that skews older, in some cases nearly as old as some of the Brothers even :o :D ... so chairs are just gonna be part of the experience. I find I can no longer stand for hours to catch music. Just how it is, for me.

That said, I stick my chair near the board at the Peach stage. I do think it's sort of rude to plop your chair two feet from the picket fence... but I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... :geek:

THIS. ↑↑↑↑
Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:15 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Words to festy by... :)

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:41 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Southern Grown was a little event done on St. Simons Island in GA, at the Sea Island resort. Paul Levine put together the music for it; I saw his posts on the FB. Being Sea Island, it's very much a foo-foo / wine quaffing sort of crowd. As there's old money there on the island, old money means old people, and chairs would be expected. And so, the well heeled patrons were accommodated.

I went there once and felt really out of place; I'm not exactly old money. Hope you had a good time :)

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:25 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

beach bob wrote:
I'm not exactly old money

Bob is more the New Money kind of guy! ;)

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:39 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yessss! STACKS o' crisp, fiddy dollah bills.

I'mma get me some a dem gold caps for mah teef!

:lol:

Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:06 am Profile
Wanee Pro

beach bob wrote:

I went there once and felt really out of place; I'm not exactly old money. Hope you had a good time :)

I'm half of the "old money" thing.

The wrong half. :(

Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:46 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Yessss! STACKS o' crisp, fiddy dollah bills.

I'mma get me some a dem gold caps for mah teef!

:lol:

You spelled it wrong. It's "teefs"!

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:13 pm Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next