Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:14 am It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:14 am

[ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next
 Lets get to know each other 2011 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Lets get to know each other 2011
My name is Bill.
I live in Albany NY, used to live in Orlando
Male, 46
Wanee's 2005,2006,2007, 2009, 2010 missed 2008 because of the move up here
I am a professional Painter by trade
Not a musician but a fanatic about music
Bands lets see I like alot of them -
The Allman Brothers, Derek Trucks Band, Gov't Mule, Susan Tedeschi, Oteil and the Peacemakers, Devon Allman's Honeytribe, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Frank Marino and Mohogany Rush, Rush, April Wine, Van Morrison, Ronnie Montrose, Rik Emmett, Triumph, Ritchie Blackmore, Deep Purple, Dave Meniketti, Y & T, Kix, Pat Travers, Alan Parsons, Pink Floyd, Any Southern Rock, Paul Rodgers, Bad Company, Blues Traveler, The Beatles, Wings, The Rolling Stones, John Butler Trio, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, North Mississippi Allstars, The Who, Supertramp, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Van Zant, Gary Moore.
Gov't Mule played there in 04 and I missed it saw it traveling back from Talledaga so I kept going to the Suwanee website and saw the Waneefest listed with ABB 2 nights in a row so I had to go seeing it was only 3 hours away. I'll be there this year, I'm flying to Tampa where a friend is picking me up. I think I know where you are talking about camping, the hard thing is getting by the guys checking the wristbands and stickers on the cars. I had a W/E site #263 just past the back entrance for the buses to the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

First name?: Andie
Where from?: Massachusetts, now In Sebastian, Florida
Male/Female?: Female
Been to Wanee before?: This will be #6 for me!
What do you do for a living?: Medical Professional (Don't want them taking away my Wanee access)
Music: Wide and varied! Anything from the Symphony to the Dead.
Play any instruments?: Stringed things: Harp, Guitar
Favorite bands/artists?: Here's the Short List: ABB, Gov't Mule, Grateful Dead, Fairport Convention, Ratdog, Janis, Derek & Susan, Buckwheat Zydeco, Jorma, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Rusted Root, Jethro Tull, Little Feat, Bobby Rush, Buddy Guy, Black Crowes, Beatles, Afro Celt Sound System, Bob Marley, Neil Young, Bonnie Raitt, CSN, New York Dolls, Ramones,Thornetta Davis, Bettie Lavette, Gordon Lightfoot, Pink Floyd, Los Lobos, Fleetwood Mac (esp pre 1970s), Any of the old Bluesmen and VeeFinger!
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Sucked into the vortex of positive vibes. People can you feel it? Love IS Everywhere! Sounds corny, but it's true. Plus the great mix of music types and the opportunity to hear bands I didn't know before.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:54 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

name? Julie from Social Circle, Ga
Age? 65, 66 in April
went to music midtown until they stopped having it then to Bonnaroo and last year gave Wanee a try cause of ABB and WP., i LOVED wanee because it wasn't so crowded and you could leave your chairs and not worry about them...reminds of days of yore
I play somewhat a guitar and my hubby and sons and grandson play
My music taste is anything that is good...i love Tool and Widespread Panic and Moe and for the last 40 or so years ABB...i saw ABB in Piedmont park when they were starting out..was a big fan of Dwaynes and still cry when they show him playing on the big screen while derreck and warren hit it note for note...what a rush that is for me..
this year when we come i hope to bring my grown children and their friends and again hubby and I will take time from paying bills and rock n roll
oh yea...i rescue dogs for a living...am a Director of Pound Puppies N Kittens and work at Paradox Spay/Neuter Clinic.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:24 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Bob and Fran
Bonita Springs Florida via Indy or New England
This is our 4th Wanee. Year 1...3 peeps. Year 2...8 peeps. Year 3...10 peeps. This year????
We own a small business.
We don't play anything but love live music.
From Hank III Hellbilly to the smooth sounds of Derek Trucks.
Mule and Furthur and moe. and BB King.

What brought here first? The 1998 Killer Hippy Love Van.
Damn, I miss that thing....... :D

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:28 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

First name? (optional, of course): Zach
Where from?: Orlando, Fl
Male/Female?: M/24
Been to Wanee before?: 2009 & 2010
What do you do for a living?: Bio Student and alcohol pimp.
Who do you love? Jenn my wanee pilot and love o my life.

Play any instruments?: I like to pick the guitar and bang on the occasional drum.
Favorite bands: ABB, Dylan, Neil Young, Umphreys, ween, Yonder, MGMT, John butler trio, Bassnectar, grateful dead( in all forms especially Jerry), Townes van zandt, Gillian Welch, the band, Ralph stanley, name a genre I like something from it:-)
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: the music originally brought me to Bonnaroo in 07 where I got the music but fell in love with the scene. So as I got a bit older I realized I wanted something a little more low key and found wanee and havnt looked back. Don't get me wrong the music gets me there every time.

See you there kids...

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:34 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

AndieBee wrote:
Sucked into the vortex of positive vibes. People can you feel it? Love IS Everywhere! Sounds corny, but it's true.

Not corny at all. It's absolutely, undeniably beautiful and true! 8-)
I'm Tami (the female in the avatar)
Live in the northern suburbs of Atlanta
This will be our 3rd Wanee (09,10)
Accountant for an insurance agency (yawn!)
Music is one of the loves of my life! Not a musician but a huge music fan! Grateful Dead, WSP, Pink Floyd, ABB, Govt Mule, Derek Trucks, Beatles, Traffic, Black Crowes, JJ Grey & Mofro, North Mississippi Allstars, and so many more!!!!
Love Love Love the ABB extended music family and the vibe that surrounds them. Wanee is by far my favorite festie thanks to the amazing music and thanks to my beautiful Wanee family. Some of the most awesome people I have ever met are right here on this forum. The magic of music and love come together to create something very special and I am so Grateful to be a part of it. 8-)

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:40 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

s#%t, did I forget to mention JJ GREY?!!!! :x

I need a spanking!!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

owllover wrote:
s#%t, did I forget to mention JJ GREY?!!!! :x

I need a spanking!!

From JJ himself! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:57 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Y'all'r ON FIRE!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:01 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

First name? Tom
Where from?: Starke ,FL (only 45 mins from the park)
Male/Female?: Male- 42 years old
Been to Wanee before?: 08, 09, 10
What do you do for a living?: small business owner (new septic installation)
Play any instruments?: I appreciate music but can't play a note
Favorite bands/artists?: ABB, Doobie Bros, CCR, Beatles, Hendrix, Zepplin, Doors, Santana, Buffet, Derek & Susan, JJ Grey, Honeytribe, Zac Brown
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?:
I have always enjoyed live music. The cool people keep me coming back to Wanee

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:14 pm Profile
 [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next