Last visit was: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:23 am It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:23 am

[ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 63  Next
 Lets get to know each other 2011 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Lets get to know each other 2011
First name: Scott (AKA - Alex)
Where from: Naples, FL - Orig. from Mass
Male/Female: M
Been to Wanee before: 08',09',10'
What do you do for a living: Gen. Contractor

and most importantly, music:
Play any instruments?: Guitar
Favorite bands/artists?: I was raised on the harder edge of Rock. Ac/Dc, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Ozzy, Jethro Tull, Tom Petty, Neil Young, Lynyrd Skynyrd you get the jist.
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here: Trippin Tom introduce me to Wanee in 08'. I always liked ABB and Jam music but wasn't a regular. He turned me into a Dead Head and I will forever be grateful to him for that. I can't get enough! I now am so amazed by Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, Susan T. and all of the great artists who play at this wonderous festival. I'm on my second musical journey. :D

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:21 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

First name? Sal
Where from?: New jersey
Male/Female?: Male
Been to Wanee before?: Nope virgin
What do you do for a living?: Legal Asst

Play any instruments?:None
Favorite bands/artists?: Phish, DMB, Allmans, anything Warren.. Grateful Dead..list goes on forever

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Passion for music, love of life, and a combination of both :D

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:30 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

First name? (optional, of course):
Where from?: Currently Jacksonville, FL. Grew up in OH. I’ve also lived in TX and CO
Been to Wanee before?: 2010
What do you do for a living?: Write to live, telephone customer service to pay the bills

Play any instruments?: No
Favorite bands/artists?: So, so many- for live music this past decade I’m always happy if Warren Haynes, Les Claypool, Steve Molitz, Phil Lesh, Derek Trucks, or Robert Randolph is on stage.
Looking at the track counts in my mp3 player- the largest collections are Grateful Dead, Phish, Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic, Tom Waits, Prince, King Crimson, P-Funk, Johnny Cash, Miles Davis, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top… and then a bunch of alt rock and metal of the 80s and 90s

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Live music is Church. Improvisation based around traditional American music types (blues, jazz, funk, rock) is the most satisfying church music. I also enjoy the practices of other denominations, and can easily find the spirit at a Lollapalooza or Ozzfest

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

First name? Mike

Where from?: Fort Lauderdale

Been to Wanee before?: 2010- Have always invested into trips to Beacon but since they moved to United Palace in 2010 we did Wanee instead... So once getting to Wanee it made me immediately say to myself, "Why haven't I been here before?"... This year we're doing both... Beacon 3/17 and 3/18... New York City on St. Patty's Day going to the Beacon to watch the Brothers... Ahhhhhh... All will be right in the world!

What do you do for a living?: Recruiter

Play any instruments?: No... But I did play the Woodblock in an elementary school music performance... :D
Favorite bands/artists?: Heavily into the Jam bands out there along with most Classic Rock... Along with an appreciation of both 80's and 90's groups/music... But to list a few here:
The Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, Phish, Derek Trucks, Albert Castiglia, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Umphrey's McGee, Lee Boys, North Missippi Allstars, Robert Randolph, The Black Crowes, plus tons more...

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Diversity and overall positive vibe...

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

First name? Mike
Where from?: Charleston, sc
Been to Wanee before?: yes, 2011 will be my third!
What do you do for a living?: work at an online music store.

Play any instruments?: i get drunk and make noises
Favorite bands/artists?: ABB, Mule, WSP, Dead, Traffic, Waylon, SRV, skynyrd, the band; Levon, NMA, HCR, ARU, blind faith, clapton, DTB, willie, leon russell, dr, john... list goes on and on...
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?:
Allman Brothers Band, friends and the suwanee music park. beautiful mix... :D :D :D

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:26 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

First name? (optional, of course): Dave
Where from?: Tampa, FL
Male/Female?: male
Been to Wanee before?: 2010
What do you do for a living?: academia/professor

Play any instruments?: dabbled with guitar and drums back in the day, now live vicariously through my son, who just started playing guitar.

Favorite bands/artists?: ABB (of course) and family, Dead, Mule (all things Warren, for that matter), Phish, moe., Umphrey’s McGee, WSP, DMB, Bruce Hornsby, Dylan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Robert Randolph, Jackie Greene, Zach Deputy, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, British invasion (Beatles, Who, Zeppelin, Stones, Cream, Yardbirds), Like the universe, my still is always expanding…

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: EVERYTHING about the music brought me here. I took like a twenty year hiatus from going to live concerts (I must have gone temporarily insane), now making up for lost time. Went to a few shows the past couple of years (Springsteen, Clapton, Rush), then saw Mule in Tampa last Feb, got hooked, saw them 4x last year, along with Wanee and Bear Creek. I once was lost, and now am found.
:mrgreen:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:50 pm Profile
Site Admin

mike12859 wrote:
Since we're all like-minded and friendly folks (plus I'd like to see a little more activity on the board), let's do one of those tell-us-about-yourself threads.

**Thanks for cranking this up again Mike**

First name?: Doug and Mrs. WL giggles if you call her Christine
Where from?: Orlando but we are in Jacksonville, Fl for a while now
Male/Female?:Yes
Been to Wanee before?: All except 05'
What do you do for a living?: A little of this, and a little of that. Mrs WL enjoys getting up in the morning and smiling at co-workers at an engineering company. And they pay her to do other critical things too but she would do it for free if possible.

Play any instruments?: Keyboard - since childhood. I bought a really expensive Ovation guitar a few years back hoping that the investment would "encourage" me to learn to play but it hasn't. Right now I just crank up a video of David Gilmour or Warren, turn it up loud and strum away like I am on stage as a backup or something. Maybe one day I'll get serious and learn to play.
Favorite bands/artists?: Too many to list but pretty much all with one or two exceptions.
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: I like long walks in the SOSMP park and it just so happens that there is a hippie fest going on my favorite week of the year to do it.

We all had a bunch of fun with this thread in 09 and since there are so many new Bros and Sis's coming on board I thought it might be fun to start it up again.

:D

A BIG welcome to all of the new folks and please jump right in and make yourselves at home. There is more to come and you won't be sorry for being a part of this wonderful forum and fest. Wanee On!!

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:21 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

First name? Holly
Age- 24
Where from?: Just moved to Northern Connecticut, but Ive lived in Florida my entire life.
Male/Female?: Female
Been to Wanee before?: 09 and 10
What do you do for a living?: Activities Coordinator at Convalescent home

Play any instruments?: I play a mean air guitar lol
Favorite bands/artists?: ABB, Derek and Susan, Govt Mule, JJ Grey and Mofro, Widespread Panic,The dead, Marshall Tucker Band, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, DMB..the list goes on and on, pretty much any music from the 60's and 70's

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Me and my mother attend Wanee together, and it is a time for us to enjoy amazing music together. We love all the people we have met..This year has been tough since moving I moved to Ct in august for grad school, I haven't seen my mom..so we shall reunite at Wanee and I couldn't think of a better place :)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:14 am Profile
Wanee Lover

waneedaughter wrote:
Me and my mother attend Wanee together, and it is a time for us to enjoy amazing music together. :)

We ran into your mom at the Halloween show. She is sooooo nice.

Rita went to the bathroom and I was holding her drink. I stood there waiting and waiting....

Finally she comes out with your mom and they are yapping away. I asked if there was a big line and they said NO, they were just talking in there!!!!

Anyways, can't wait to see you guys again.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

waneedaughter wrote:
First name? Holly
Age- 24
Where from?: Just moved to Northern Connecticut, but Ive lived in Florida my entire life.
Male/Female?: Female
Been to Wanee before?: 09 and 10
What do you do for a living?: Activities Coordinator at Convalescent home

Play any instruments?: I play a mean air guitar lol
Favorite bands/artists?: ABB, Derek and Susan, Govt Mule, JJ Grey and Mofro, Widespread Panic,The dead, Marshall Tucker Band, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, DMB..the list goes on and on, pretty much any music from the 60's and 70's

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Me and my mother attend Wanee together, and it is a time for us to enjoy amazing music together. We love all the people we have met..This year has been tough since moving I moved to Ct in august for grad school, I haven't seen my mom..so we shall reunite at Wanee and I couldn't think of a better place :)

That's such a great story!!! :D

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 am Profile
 [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 63  Next