Last visit was: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 am It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 am

[ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 63  Next
 Lets get to know each other 2011 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Lets get to know each other 2011
First name: Ryan
Where from: Greenville, SC- originally from Valdosta, GA
Male/Female: M
Been to Wanee before: haven't missed one yet
What do you do for a living: Landscape Designer and Contractor

and most importantly, music:
Play any instruments?: sick air guitar
Favorite bands/artists?: Mule, anything Warren puts his hands on, of course the ABB, DTB, Susan T., Drive by Truckers, Mofro, The Band, Little Feat, NMAS, Franti and Spearhead, Band of Heathens, moe, Umphreys.........the list goes on for days
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here:
Starting in December every year this website is like crack! Announcements, speculation, announcements about announcements, lineups, schedules, more speculation. Before you know it, I'm sucked into the vortex! I've been to every Wanee so far, and being originally from Valdosta, GA the SOSMP is home to me as far as fests go. I've stalked this message board since it's been up, but I figured I'd finally throw in the towel since it's raining outside and sign on in!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

welcome ryan, it's all family

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

First name: Adam
Male/Female: Male
Been to wanee before: 2010 was my first year and now I'm hooked
What do I do for a living: Pizza Manager and student

and most importantly, music:
play any instruments: slappin da bass haha I'm learning
Favorite bands/artist: ABB, Anything Dead related, Mule, Warren Haynes Band, WSP, DTB, NMA, Moe., Umphreys, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Gwar, Papa Grows Funk, Dark Star Orchestra, Blues Travelers, Modest Mouse, Phish, Primus, STI, Tool, and so much more!!
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here: I missed ABB in North Carolina when they played 2 nights with WSP. My buddy found out about wanee and I told myself I wouldn't miss out this time. So glad I didn't!! Wanee has an awesome atmosphere and great tunes. One big Wanee family!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:30 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

First name? Liza
Where from?: Davie, Fl just outside Fort Lauderdale, but originally from NE PA
Male/Female?: Female
Been to Wanee before?: Only missed the first one and last year
What do you do for a living?: Director of Marketing for Nova Southeastern University
Play any instruments?: I am the lead Tamborine player in the GPR band. Neither my skill or the band have any talent and somehow we only play when we drink too much - it's all part of the show.
Favorite bands/artists?: Other than GPR (LOL), huge ABB fan, Phish, String Cheese, Grace Potter, Sam Bush, NMA, the list is long
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?:
I LOVE live music. I live to get up and dance to a song that jams for 15 minutes. I love to travel to see live music and I love to camp. Not too mention we love kayaking so all together Wanee is the most amazing vacation for me each year.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

First name? (optional, of course): bobby

Where from?: from springfield, il but lived in carbondale, il since the fall of '06

Male/Female?: male

Been to Wanee before?: just last year

What do you do for a living?: photographer/photojournalist

and most importantly, music: mm&w, flecktones, panic, phish, gillian welch, abb, gov't mule, trampled by turtles, toubab krewe, the meters. the list could seriously go on forever.

Play any instruments?: hand drums. started out as something to do and now i'm pretty good at it.

What do you do for fun?: hiking/backpacking/camping, fly fishing, photography, my dogs

What is it about music that brought you here?: like i said, 2010 was my first year. i'd always wanted to go in the past but unfortunately, wanee usually falls a few weeks for finals and florida is a long way away. i graduated in '09 so i was at wanee in '10.

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."

-Bob Dylan

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:48 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

[quote="sunny309"]First name? Liza
Where from?: Davie, Fl just outside Fort Lauderdale, but originally from NE PA quote]

NE PA huh... Nice... What part? I went to Bloomsburg...

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:01 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

First name? (optional, of course): Steve

Where from?: Tampa, FL but originally from NJ

Male/Female?: Male

Been to Wanee before?: I have been to all but the first

What do you do for a living?: Work for HSN, the Home Shopping Network

Play any instruments?: No

Favorite bands/artists?: The ABB & their family of bands, the extended Wanee family of bands, and a long list of others from the Beatles, to Tom Waits, to the Ramones, to Steve Earle & more

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: The Allmans first and foremost

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:09 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

First nameS: John and Michelle

Where from?: Tallahassee, FL but originally from OH

Male/Female?: Boffa

Been to Wanee before?: 2010 was the first

What do you do for a living?: We work hard for little money

Play any instruments?: John's been learnin guitar for bout 2yrs

Favorite bands/artists?: The ABB, Neil Young, Black Keys, Clutch, NMA, Johnny Winter, Rusted Root, Gov't Mule, various ol' school delta blues artists, 60s-70s rock (Cream, Zeppelin, Floyd, etc...), RL Burnside, White Stripes, Derek Trucks, Bonamassa, and about a million others...

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Had never heard of Wanee till 2010 - what a line up! Awesome people, awesome experience. We plan to be new "regulars"!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

man im really happy to see all these new cats and kittens on here, love having this new influx of people on here and the chance to meet them at the fest.

I was new in 09 and made it on here and talked to a bunch of the regulars, but circumstances prevented me from meeting many of them at wanee when i went the first time; didnt make that mistake last year. Yall have come to a really good group of people that take care of each other and will likely be friends for life, and pretty much all of us met originally thru the internet. I highly advise any of yall interested to stop by the meet and greet when it happens at wanee.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Idiosyncratic_duo wrote:
First nameS: John and Michelle

Where from?: Tallahassee, FL but originally from OH

Male/Female?: Boffa

Been to Wanee before?: 2010 was the first

What do you do for a living?: We work hard for little money

Play any instruments?: John's been learnin guitar for bout 2yrs

Favorite bands/artists?: The ABB, Neil Young, Black Keys, Clutch, NMA, Johnny Winter, Rusted Root, Gov't Mule, various ol' school delta blues artists, 60s-70s rock (Cream, Zeppelin, Floyd, etc...), RL Burnside, White Stripes, Derek Trucks, Bonamassa, and about a million others...

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Had never heard of Wanee till 2010 - what a line up! Awesome people, awesome experience. We plan to be new "regulars"!

A fellow Tallahassean here!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:50 pm Profile
 [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 63  Next