Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:50 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:50 pm

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Roadblocks / Searches ? 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Roadblocks / Searches ?
Don't be a wook and you won't have problems.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

^^^ speaks the truth ^^^ ;)

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:32 am Profile
Wanee Lover

If you are bringing something with you, I have are a few good words of advice. First off, if you get stopped at a roadblock and one of the K-9's has a reaction to your vehicle, you are screwed. Although it is true that they can not search you car without you consent, they can and will detain you while they acquire a warrant. So the most important thing you can do is be smart with your contraband.

The most common sense things not to do is smoke in your car or before you arrive. Dogs can smell marijuana easily. The best way to hide the smell is to get yourself some oven turkey bags. Place your stash in one of the bags and tie it off place that bag inside of another bag and tie that one off. You can use a half a dozen bags. You can place the whole thing in a coffee container surrounded by coffee. Remember if the dogs do not react to your car, you are not going to get searched.

Now back to Wanee. The past couple of years there has been random road blocks on the I-10 exit ramps to 129. They start up about noon. There are confirmed arrests at these locations. If you are staying in a Live Oak hotel, you don't encounter these roadblocks. The smartest thing to do if you are bringing something with you is to avoid these spots. If I was driving in from I-10, I would take an earlier exit and enter the town of Live Oak, and drive down 129 to the festival, avoiding the exit ramps.

There are definitely undercover cops going around approaching campsites looking for good Samaritans to bust. They also have busted people for smoking outside and inside their tents. Last year wasn't as bad as years past, but we did see the police come into the crowd right in front of the tapers at the Peach Stage during the AABB Saturday night. They tried to bust a guy who had been chain smoking. He threw what was in his hand down. The cuffed him and searched him on the spot. He lucked out and had nothing on him, so they reluctantly let him go.

The moral of the story is: you can't be too careful.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Last edited by liketosmoke on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I-4?????Ok whatever,anyways.Dam,starting today,start putting your dirty socks in a bag,the morning or night you leave,put anything you want to hide in that bag.No cop in their right mind is going to search that bag. :lol:

Sunbeams shinin through his hair,,
Appears not to have a care....

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:08 am Profile
Wanee Lover

DeadicatedCarp420 wrote:
I-4?????Ok whatever,anyways.Dam,starting today,start putting your dirty socks in a bag,the morning or night you leave,put anything you want to hide in that bag.No cop in their right mind is going to search that bag. :lol:

My mistake, changed it to I-10. It's some good advice though.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Early morning,I didnt know if I was reading it right.Or if you wrote it wrong.And yes,how do you think all the school buses made it all over the country back in the day.Its like that String Cheese song, Texas,They dont know what they found :lol: 8-)

Sunbeams shinin through his hair,,
Appears not to have a care....

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:26 am Profile
Wanee Pro

hoots wrote:
I got cavity searched by Geezer Man!!

Yeah I got one of those my first time at Wanee, I married him and we've been coming back ever since... :D :o :lol: :roll: :shock:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:31 am Profile YIM
Wanee Peach

Quote:
Now back to Wanee. The past couple of years there has been random road blocks on the I-10 exit ramps to 192. They start up about noon. There are confirmed arrests at these locations. If you are staying in a Live Oak hotel, you don't encounter these roadblocks. The smartest thing to do if you are bringing something with you is to avoid these spots. If I was driving in from I-10, I would take an earlier exit and enter the town of Live Oak, and drive down 192 to the festival, avoiding the exit ramps.

Hey Lou I think you meant to say Hwy 129 instead of 192. :D

They had that K-9 unit set up on 129 to the north of the park in 2009. Everyone coming in from the north traveling I-75 and exiting to Hwy 129 got a surprise on Thursday about a mile north of the park. The K-9 unit was parked beside the road there but they were not stopping anyone then. The traffic coming in was hell though as everything backed up from people panicking when they saw the unit sitting there. Kind of like traffic on the interstate coming to a standstill because someone saw a State Patrol car in the median and everyone slams on their brakes rather than just ignoring it. :?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:31 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I hadn't heard of that one. We should have some kind of alert system network where we report roadbloacks and share the info.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Quote:
I hadn't heard of that one. We should have some kind of alert system network where we report roadbloacks and share the info.

Word spreads pretty fast once someone spots a road block. We had part of our group from Atlanta call and alert us once they saw it.

We just simply spread the word in our camping area and we called those we knew were on the way in to warn them.

The story did change however every time it was told as stories have a tendency of doing. It became comical by the end of the day with the FBI, DEA, ATF, Sherriffs Dept. and even Sgt. Obie was spotted looking for people to bust. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:27 pm Profile
 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next