Last visit was: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:19 pm It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:19 pm

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Suwanee river Q's 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Suwanee river Q's
marky wrote:
I am the one who made that statement and I believe it to be true. Did you ever hear of the Indians or Daniel Boone using bug spray.. Fact is that mosquitos are attracted to the smell of your soap and shampoo and such. You stay in the river long enough and all them smells are removed along with the bugs attraction. I ain't saying you still won;t get bit, but it has worked for me in the past.

You never saw the Indians or Daniel Boone sleeping in air conditioned campers either.
Sorry, I joke because skeeters just don't bother me that much. What I can't stand is the feel of the repellent on my skin. That's always bothered me. Frankly, being in the sun all day scares me more than bugs. I don't like the greasy feeling of sunscreen either, so I just wear a hat and a light, long sleeve shirt.

Thu May 28, 2009 2:19 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

My friend must have quoted you then, haha id much rather swim in the river for an hour then spray myself with off. the river it shall be. thanks for the advice

Fri May 29, 2009 10:43 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Calypsomamma wrote:
plooker wrote:
I've got a Marine buddy who eats match heads to keep mosquitoes away. One or two and your good for a day. You're eating sulfur though, and I don't know how bad it is for you, but it works like a charm he says. I've never tried it..

WTF? I am off to google this. My hubby is a former Marine!! I will have to ask him. That is crazy~ Would probably work though. Stay tuned I will have a full report shortly.

Maybe the skeeters are afraid to suck blood from people who eat matches

Fri May 29, 2009 11:10 am Profile
Wanee Pro

miss kitty wrote:
Calypsomamma wrote:
plooker wrote:
I've got a Marine buddy who eats match heads to keep mosquitoes away. One or two and your good for a day. You're eating sulfur though, and I don't know how bad it is for you, but it works like a charm he says. I've never tried it..

WTF? I am off to google this. My hubby is a former Marine!! I will have to ask him. That is crazy~ Would probably work though. Stay tuned I will have a full report shortly.

Maybe the skeeters are afraid to suck blood from people who eat matches

They might turn into a fire fly pfoof. :lol:

Fri May 29, 2009 11:13 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:lol: :lol: OMG ROTFLMFAO!!! Matches well Dart better not sh!t after those guys or Poof for our poor :shock: DDog :lol: with his industrial strength DEET?? :lol: Now I use sulfur on the animals here?? And at dog shows before (some peeps) going in the ring they take a match and insert it in the dogs butt...instant poop (of course lubricated !!!) It really works :shock: I would give a million bucks to see the look on my face the first time I witnessed this :lol: But I strongly urge against this practice for humans :shock: But sulfur can erradicate lots of things?? :lol: :lol: Oh Daniel BOONE where are you or Davy Crockett???Come out come out where ever you are!!! :lol: Oh I have wild bill I forgot hes and Indian from Indianapolis mind you! :lol:

Fri May 29, 2009 2:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Talk about a roid flare up!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Fri May 29, 2009 2:44 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:o OUCH LTS!! :lol: :lol: wheres dart dam mtnjam thing he just had to go didn't he! :shock: :lol:

Fri May 29, 2009 4:29 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

liketosmoke wrote:
Talk about a roid flare up!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LTS is in rare form today!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri May 29, 2009 4:48 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2