Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:42 pm It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:42 pm

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Dickey Betts 
Wanee Veteran

Post Dickey Betts
It dont matter what anyone says, Dickey is still one of the Brothers to me....

59 Paul through an old Marshall head.......IMO he pushed Warren thru the Seven turn's years and beyond. "Where it all begins" was one of their top 3 albums to me. I can only imagine what it would be like to hear Dickey and Derek do "Dont keep me wonderin" or "Aint wastin time no more" or maybe "Outskirts of town".... ohh ohh how bout a 'Southbound" ?

Here's to you Dicky ( Yeah I spelled it wrong) Hope to hear you soon!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Dickey Betts
I keep looking to the Blue Sky and hoping...

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

and back where it all begins

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."

-Bob Dylan

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:29 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

I wouldn't go as far as to say Betts " pushed " Haynes through anything at any point . But there's no question Warren was finding his way in the band . If you haven't watched Live At Great Woods in a while , do so . Everybody knows Dickey HATES playing slide except acoustically . Haynes man-handles those duties on that red Strat of his .

Without Haynes' emergence and re-emergence , I don't think this board would exist ( you can fill in the blanks ) . I really like Jack Pearson and Jimmy Herring , but to me they just didn't fit-in to the band nearly as well as Warren . Derek's great too , but without the meat and potatoes eminating from Haynes' speaker cabs , it ain't enough .

After the infamous fax to Dickey , the band needed a leader again . He's the only guy currently drawing breath that can fill that spot . I don't always like the invitations he extends to certain people join the ABB on stage , ( Kid Rock being the worst example ) but I'll take it anyday over the band throwing in the towel .

I'd love nothing more that to see the band with Betts , Haynes , and Trucks . But until the day Butch stops taking every opportunity to bash the guy publicly , we'll sooner be driving cars like George Jetson's .

Last edited by squabs217 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

It's a shame they can't just kiss and make up... I guess there just too much history between Greg and Dickey. I think we all know Dickey can be a handful.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:21 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

No doubt Warren has paid his dues and carries many torches, I love every recording and go to every show i can to support him. Yeah Dickey gets a bad rap , but I will always defend him as the life that he has lived, all the albums and groundwork he helped lay for this band makes him the handful that he is. I just miss that clean southern sound, those riffs and that gold top Les Paul....... "Get out on the highway and just let it roll on".....

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Jbone wrote:
It dont matter what anyone says, Dickey is still one of the Brothers to me....

59 Paul through an old Marshall head.......IMO he pushed Warren thru the Seven turn's years and beyond. "Where it all begins" was one of their top 3 albums to me. I can only imagine what it would be like to hear Dickey and Derek do "Dont keep me wonderin" or "Aint wastin time no more" or maybe "Outskirts of town".... ohh ohh how bout a 'Southbound" ?

Here's to you Dicky ( Yeah I spelled it wrong) Hope to hear you soon!

Before Dickie left,Derek was the other Guitar player,so all those songs you wanted to hear them on together are out there :P

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I love how jbone changes his avatar from day to day!! Every one is awesome! Way 2 go my bro...way 2 go!! :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

So you want to be a rollin stone, get your sail out in the wind.............. Get out on the highway and just let it roll on.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Dickey deserves respect for all the years and all the songs. He is a big part of the heart and soul of ABB and definitely is missed. The band is at the top of their game right now, but there will always be that certain sound missing without Dickey. I would love to see him come back, at least for a reunion. On the other hand I respect the band's decision at the time because Dickey was a mess and just couldn't keep his s#%t together. It is past time for forgiveness though, and whether or not that will ever happen is left to be seen. Sometimes as people get older they get more intolerant and more stubborn. So so sad. :cry:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:19 pm Profile
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next