Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:55 pm It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:55 pm

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Dickey Betts 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Dickey Betts
Dickey will be playing with an Allman in December. Devon Allman's Honeytribe is opening for Dickey & Great Southern at the Tampa Performing Arts Center on Dec. 7. The 8th is my birthday & my wife has already got me tix for the show.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:22 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Hey!!!! Thats my BD too!!!!
And thanks for the heads up on the show, I am goon score a couple tix for that one !!!!!!
:D

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:42 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Glad to help you out. It should be a good show.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I got 2 yesterday, gonna take my 15 Y/O son along. He saw Honeytribe in a short freebie last year at a Lightning hockey game and really liked them. Dickey...well i am hoping for the best. Last time I saw him it was dissapointing, we was not with it at all. BUT he IS Dickey and deserves another chance for sure.
Perhaps we will meet up at the show for a birthday drink!!!!!!!! ;)

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:50 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I also got two tix for this yesterday. Thanks for the heads-up PGator! Will gladly hoist a Bday drink (or two) pre-show!

Dickey has played VERY few dates of late, and so far I only see two shows listed for this "tour". Should be interesting. I would hope to see Devon and Dickey on stage together.

Saw a fascinating interview with Dickey from earlier this year. If you want to see where his head is at these days, this is not a complete waste of 13 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DickeyBettsDotCom

Cheers!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:46 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

The funny part for me was I originally heard Devon was playing, so I mentioned to my wife that I would like to go. She got the tickets and tells me " You know Honeytribe is only the opening act". So I asked "Who is the headliner?" When she told me it was Dickey & GS, I was shocked and even more excited.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

This is a double dip for me too, I am really liking Honeytribe, the Space Age Blues album is real strong. I thought their set at Wanee was one of the highpoints for me, real nice bunch of guys too! As for Dickey I have seen him twice in the last few years, the first time he flat out blew me away. I had goosebumps and a smile plastered on my face the whole show wathcing him do ABB hit after hit and seeming to enjoy it as much as I did. The next time I saw him, maybe two years ago?, he seemed wasted to me, he looked confused and it seemed the rest of the band was kind of carrying him. If the dickey that was at the first night shows up, lookout, its gonna be an amazing night. If its like the second show, it will still be an OK show, just not what you would expect from Dickey Betts...I have my fingers crossed!!!!!! :P

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Well I hope its a good show for ya , Dickies hit or miss these days

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:36 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Aren't we all ....

Warren with a strat on this one .
http://youtu.be/_FCQwv82FV8

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:08 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Ahhhhh.....Thanks Brother....I needed that. 8-)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:55 pm Profile
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next