Last visit was: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 am It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 am

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Free Tickets.... 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Free Tickets....
marky wrote:
^ great first post... this is gonna bring the lurkers out for sure... :o

f2photo, this is the dumbest contest, or giveaway, ever. What is the rules, "let the karma begin", that s#%t aint even real. f!*k this and this scam. :twisted:

Oh, and I have two unemployed friends in Orlando that would love these tickets... Thanks. :D

Wow, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to give the wrong impression there. I suppose I am the definition of a "lurker" when dealing with this board specifically, but I chat up Wanee quite a bit on abb.com and other sites. I've been seeing shows since 2001 and have been online pretty regularly ever since, the fact that I haven't made a login and posted on this board is simply a coincidence. One of my best friends needs a ticket and I thought I'd try to help out.

In regards to the contest itself, to each their own. If the guy wants to give out tickets based on karma, I'm not sure how anyone is negatively affected by this, so where's the problem?

Thu May 28, 2009 7:56 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

marky wrote:
jimbowl wrote:
marky wrote:
^ great first post... this is gonna bring the lurkers out for sure... :o

f2photo, this is the dumbest contest, or giveaway, ever. What is the rules, "let the karma begin", that s#%t aint even real. f!*k this and this scam. :twisted:

Oh, and I have two unemployed friends in Orlando that would love these tickets... Thanks. :D

Wow, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to give the wrong impression there. I suppose I am the definition of a "lurker" when dealing with this board specifically, but I chat up Wanee quite a bit on abb.com and other sites. I've been seeing shows since 2001 and have been online pretty regularly ever since, the fact that I haven't made a login and posted on this board is simply a coincidence. One of my best friends needs a ticket and I thought I'd try to help out.

In regards to the contest itself, to each their own. If the guy wants to give out tickets based on karma, I'm not sure how anyone is negatively affected by this, so where's the problem?

My whole post was being funny. First I tell him it's dumb and f!*k off and then I ask for the tickets..... :idea:

Where is the problem,,,, :lol: :lol: You are funny.

Ah, I see now. Sorry for the confusion :oops:

Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Testing the timing.
Very nice thing to do even if I don't win.

Thu May 28, 2009 8:19 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

PeaceLoveGuitars! from ECAccess would appreciate one ticket. I know she's done alot for her Clapton/Cream friends around the world to get them to shows but she'd never ask for anything in return. I'd like to surprise her with a ticket to come join me! We live in the Keys, she's offering me a ride up even if she doesn't come to the show. Thanks!

Thu May 28, 2009 8:29 am Profile
Wanee Lover

That's cool. Really nice gesture f2. I believe in this karma thing too. I was just talking to an employee about how these other companies in our field make more money but are doing unethical things. I said that the karma will eventually pay off for us.

He said "I know, but it's the waiting around for the karma to catch up to them that is the hard part". I thought this was pretty funny.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Thu May 28, 2009 8:33 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

you should check out a festival called florida afterburn.... no cash transactions allowed... it is a gift economy i went last year and had the time of my life.... google it

Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 am Profile
Wanee Fan

f2photo wrote:
I have two extra tickets for all three days. I could sell them but that would take all the good karma away from them. So I am having a little contest to give them away either here on the board, or when I get there at the gate. The rules for getting the tickets are the karma of it all has to be right. I am coming with my girlfriend so karma does not relate to gender here... The decision of the judge, that would be me, is final. I usually do this just cuz I am an old hippy who used to show up to Dead shows making tie dyes in the parking lot to eat, get tickets and good stuff for the head. It was usually the goodness of someone giving me tickets that got me into the show. Now it is my turn to pass it on. Let the karma spread begin!! I like the idea of spreading this type of karma to the show. Let money be gone and let music be played and enjoyed...

That's pretty cool, man. I've won a pair of tix to Wanee the last 4 years and have always given my other ticket to one of my Brothers or a friend. Through out the weekend, they always buy me some beers, food, and good stuff for the head, even if I tell them not to worry about it. I was very glad to wake up and read this story of yours. One week and counting!!! Safe travels and hope to share a drink with ya.

-Peace

Allman Brother Borealis AKA SOUTHERN LIGHTS!!!

Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I'm a 40 year old man who has been trying to find tickets to the Wanee for weeks. I've lost my job but I had come up with $200 for tickets for my wife and I. I had 6 different people tell me they had me a pair of tickets and then just disapear. I even had a post on this site intitled Help!!! I had some tickets lined up and the guy never got back in touch with me. The Tuesday my truck broke down and I had to spend half of the money I had saved on getting it fixed and I can't go alone because I can't afford a divorce. If you want to help someone that TRULY loves good music, good times, and good fellowship at the Wanee, I'm your guy. This would be my 4th Wanee and 1st time to get to see Buddy Guy and I'm desperate. Please Help me.

Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

very nice of you to offer

Thu May 28, 2009 10:03 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thank you so much.

Thu May 28, 2009 10:36 am Profile
 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next