Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 pm It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 pm

[ 289 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Festival Tips and Tricks... 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Festival Tips and Tricks...
This is a thread to share the little things you've learned along the way. Little tricks you've picked along the way that have made your camping/festival a little better. Stories of how they came about are also welcome.

I'll start

Wet naps - prob old news, but if you're not storing them in your cooler you aren't doing it right. So awesome for the pick me up before the night sets.

Cold Pineapple - I forget the year but one time during a typical sweltering Bonnaroo day our campsite was approached by a guy carrying around an uncored pineapple looking for anyone who might have something to cut it up with. Well, we did and I can't even begin to tell you how refreshing it was. Ever since then I have packed a pineapple in my festival gear.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
Anti-Monkey Butt powder. This was discovered at Wanee '09. You all remember it, it only quit raining for about 10 to 15 minutes every three to four hours. With all the humidity, plus the heat, mud, and general mess that was made that year, we all got a little chaffed. One guy camping next to us heard of our discomfort and supplied us with this miracle powder. It's kind of like a Gold Bond, but made specifically for chaffing. I'll never go to a fest or camp without a good dose of it for myself and enough to pass around.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:06 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

It's been said before but I'll say it again!

WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!! Staying hydrated saves your energy and lessens the severity of the dreaded hangover.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:39 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

If you have the room bring your own portable toilet. They can be purchased at wal mart or any other camping store. For anyone who has been to fest befor knows how the public port-a-john can get :shock: :? :shock: .. By the middle of a day, man o man. or you could just make your own like we did. All you need is a 5 gallon bucket, a toilet seat and some trash can liners then just wrap a tarp around a couple trees or somthing. It works wonders.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by SuaitiDeaga on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:41 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Zip lock bags. Large and small. They are great for keeping stuff dry in your bag if it rains.

Baby powder or goldbond for sure.

Travel size hand sanitizer and sunscreen to bring into the venue.

A healthy sized head stash is also not a bad idea.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:43 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

SuaitiDeaga wrote:
If you have the room bring your own portable toilet. They can be purchased at wal mart or any other camping store. For anyone who has been to fest befor knows how the public port-a-john can get :shock: :? :shock: .. By the middle of a day, man o man. or you could just make your own like we did. All you need is a 5 gallon bucket, a toilet seat and some trash can liners then just wrap a tarp around a couple trees or somthing. It works wonders.

Great advice! We got one of these a couple of years ago and it has been the best camping investment ever! 8-)

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:46 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

You got that right, no more rank pot-o-johns, no more mad dashes in search of a toilet. Its as nice as being at your own home.
ALSO
BRING YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER the port-o-johns on site do tend to run out during the day.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:49 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Another old tried and true is to freeze half of your water bottles and put them in the bottom of the cooler, it helps stretch your ice out over the weekend.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Imodium isn't a bad alternative as well. It'll keep you port-o-john free for about two or three days. Just know that after two, when you start to feel nature's call, make your way to a dump site, because when it's gonna happen, it gonna happen. :shock:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:15 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Tent/Rainfly repair kit. Not good to arrive at a Fest and discover that somewhere along the way since the last use, there's a nice big rip in your Rainfly.

Shower sandals. If you plan on showering, that is.

Pop Tarts. Essential in the morning.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 pm Profile
 [ 289 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next