Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 am It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 am

[ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next
 Festival Tips and Tricks... 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
Forgot to add that if you enjoy bluegrass, consider making the trip for this event:
http://www.stringsummit.com at this venue: http://www.horningshideout.com

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

treehugger wrote:
Spent the day Wanee shopping and packing. Talk about getting excited, I can hardly stand it. I am stoked and ready to go. Waneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Fever!!!!

Got my Monkey butt powder, got my citronella candles, got my bug spray and sunscreeen. The only thing I have done yet is grocery shopping for food. That will happen next Saturday. Then next Sunday morning bright and early we will be on our way to heaven on earth! :D :mrgreen: 8-)

I'm about there too!
Housekeeping is what I'm up to now...
Then grocery shopping.
:D

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I'm on call for work till next weekend :(

I can't get loaded up till next saturday!

Festival tip.....

Bring more than one cooler for beer and other....

Number the coolers, Day1 day2 and so on.... Duct tape the coolers shut untill the day you need them so the ice doesn't melt.

If you pack a cooler with ice and leave it closed and in the shade it will hold ice for 4 days....

Make sure you refrigerate your beer the night before you pack up....

and freezinga couple cases of water bottles and distributing them in the coolers works out great too!

Thats My tip for the day!

Albert Einstein

www.Bonnarootips.com

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Brian103181 wrote:
I'm on call for work till next weekend :(

I can't get loaded up till next saturday!

Festival tip.....

Bring more than one cooler for beer and other....

Number the coolers, Day1 day2 and so on.... Duct tape the coolers shut untill the day you need them so the ice doesn't melt.

If you pack a cooler with ice and leave it closed and in the shade it will hold ice for 4 days....

Make sure you refrigerate your beer the night before you pack up....

and freezinga couple cases of water bottles and distributing them in the coolers works out great too!

Thats My tip for the day!

Love it

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:43 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

First time Wanee and first time multi day fest, camping, etc. I've been reading all these tips and posts for several days and I gotta show my ignorance....

The 5 gallon bucket bathroom deal. Where do you empty it out? Is there a dump station you take it to or something?

Thanks for all the tips. My wife and I are super pumped. Coming down from NC on Thursday.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Hey Folks,

Another 1st timer Wanee guy here with a question. Where do you park your car if you are camping ala primitive? Can you drive right up to a spot where you pitch your tent or do they have designated lots and if so where are they?

Thanks,
Mike

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 am Profile
Wanee Pro

MarylandMike wrote:
Hey Folks,

Another 1st timer Wanee guy here with a question. Where do you park your car if you are camping ala primitive? Can you drive right up to a spot where you pitch your tent or do they have designated lots and if so where are they?

Thanks,
Mike

Yeah you drive right up to the spot....you can park anywhere as long as you keep a lane open for people to get out....also this is the best, when you need to make a liquor store run or something.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:47 am Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

MarylandMike wrote:
Hey Folks,

Thanks,
Mike

You can park your car by your camp if your camp is not too tucked into the woods.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 am Profile
Wanee Peach

not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but here is a wanee tip. the food vendors at the park do not take cash, you have to first buy tickets from the park, then pay the food vendors with these tickets. now heres the tip. if you wake up sunday morning with a pocket full of tickets you will be out of luck because from my expirience at the park most, if not all of the food vendors pack up and leave town sat. night leaving you with useless tickets. so dont get caught with leftovers sun morning, buy that extra beer or deep fried oreo sat night.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Master

DoYouRememberTheSun wrote:
not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but here is a wanee tip. the food vendors at the park do not take cash, you have to first buy tickets from the park, then pay the food vendors with these tickets. now heres the tip. if you wake up sunday morning with a pocket full of tickets you will be out of luck because from my expirience at the park most, if not all of the food vendors pack up and leave town sat. night leaving you with useless tickets. so dont get caught with leftovers sun morning, buy that extra beer or deep fried oreo sat night.

Now that is a grate tip...don't buy more than you need Saturday..

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:23 pm Profile
 [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next