Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 am It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 am




 [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next
 Festival Tips and Tricks... 
Author Message
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 pm
Posts: 311
Location: Portland, OR
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
Forgot to add that if you enjoy bluegrass, consider making the trip for this event:
http://www.stringsummit.com at this venue: http://www.horningshideout.com


Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 am
Posts: 2106
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
treehugger wrote:
Spent the day Wanee shopping and packing. Talk about getting excited, I can hardly stand it. I am stoked and ready to go. Waneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Fever!!!!

Got my Monkey butt powder, got my citronella candles, got my bug spray and sunscreeen. The only thing I have done yet is grocery shopping for food. That will happen next Saturday. Then next Sunday morning bright and early we will be on our way to heaven on earth! :D :mrgreen: 8-)


I'm about there too!
Housekeeping is what I'm up to now...
Then grocery shopping.
:D

_________________
Blues is Truth!
http://www.bluespower.com/a-bm01.htm


Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk


Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:52 pm
Posts: 239
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
I'm on call for work till next weekend :(

I can't get loaded up till next saturday!

Festival tip.....

Bring more than one cooler for beer and other....

Number the coolers, Day1 day2 and so on.... Duct tape the coolers shut untill the day you need them so the ice doesn't melt.


If you pack a cooler with ice and leave it closed and in the shade it will hold ice for 4 days....


Make sure you refrigerate your beer the night before you pack up....

and freezinga couple cases of water bottles and distributing them in the coolers works out great too!

Thats My tip for the day!

_________________
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Albert Einstein

www.Bonnarootips.com


Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:29 pm
Posts: 963
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
Brian103181 wrote:
I'm on call for work till next weekend :(

I can't get loaded up till next saturday!

Festival tip.....

Bring more than one cooler for beer and other....

Number the coolers, Day1 day2 and so on.... Duct tape the coolers shut untill the day you need them so the ice doesn't melt.


If you pack a cooler with ice and leave it closed and in the shade it will hold ice for 4 days....


Make sure you refrigerate your beer the night before you pack up....

and freezinga couple cases of water bottles and distributing them in the coolers works out great too!

Thats My tip for the day!


Love it


Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:43 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
First time Wanee and first time multi day fest, camping, etc. I've been reading all these tips and posts for several days and I gotta show my ignorance....

The 5 gallon bucket bathroom deal. Where do you empty it out? Is there a dump station you take it to or something?

Thanks for all the tips. My wife and I are super pumped. Coming down from NC on Thursday.


Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 2
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
Hey Folks,

Another 1st timer Wanee guy here with a question. Where do you park your car if you are camping ala primitive? Can you drive right up to a spot where you pitch your tent or do they have designated lots and if so where are they?

Thanks,
Mike


Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 am Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 382
Location: Lisle, IL
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
MarylandMike wrote:
Hey Folks,

Another 1st timer Wanee guy here with a question. Where do you park your car if you are camping ala primitive? Can you drive right up to a spot where you pitch your tent or do they have designated lots and if so where are they?

Thanks,
Mike


Yeah you drive right up to the spot....you can park anywhere as long as you keep a lane open for people to get out....also this is the best, when you need to make a liquor store run or something.

_________________
ImageImageImageImage
Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right! ~ Robert Hunter


Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:47 am Profile WWW
Wanee Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:57 pm
Posts: 149
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
MarylandMike wrote:
Hey Folks,

Another 1st timer Wanee guy here with a question. Where do you park your car if you are camping ala primitive? Can you drive right up to a spot where you pitch your tent or do they have designated lots and if so where are they?

Thanks,
Mike


You can park your car by your camp if your camp is not too tucked into the woods.

_________________
You never step twice into the same stream.


Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 am Profile
Wanee Peach

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 am
Posts: 39
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but here is a wanee tip. the food vendors at the park do not take cash, you have to first buy tickets from the park, then pay the food vendors with these tickets. now heres the tip. if you wake up sunday morning with a pocket full of tickets you will be out of luck because from my expirience at the park most, if not all of the food vendors pack up and leave town sat. night leaving you with useless tickets. so dont get caught with leftovers sun morning, buy that extra beer or deep fried oreo sat night.


Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 pm
Posts: 5591
Location: Marianna, Florida
Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
DoYouRememberTheSun wrote:
not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but here is a wanee tip. the food vendors at the park do not take cash, you have to first buy tickets from the park, then pay the food vendors with these tickets. now heres the tip. if you wake up sunday morning with a pocket full of tickets you will be out of luck because from my expirience at the park most, if not all of the food vendors pack up and leave town sat. night leaving you with useless tickets. so dont get caught with leftovers sun morning, buy that extra beer or deep fried oreo sat night.


Now that is a grate tip...don't buy more than you need Saturday..


Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:23 pm Profile
 [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, beach bob, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.