Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:25 pm It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:25 pm

[ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
 Festival Tips and Tricks... 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
DEEP FRIED OREOS :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:07 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

treehugger wrote:
Spent the day Wanee shopping and packing. Talk about getting excited, I can hardly stand it. I am stoked and ready to go. Waneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Fever!!!!

Got my Monkey butt powder, got my citronella candles, got my bug spray and sunscreeen. The only thing I have done yet is grocery shopping for food. That will happen next Saturday. Then next Sunday morning bright and early we will be on our way to heaven on earth! :D :mrgreen: 8-)

I've been slowly doing my shopping for a while now, but packed the car up today. Its definitely overkill, as I'm not even planning on leaving til next Thursday, but I was excited and had the time, so I went for it. The only thing I didn't pack was my suitcase (need to wash some undies!), grill, and food.

Now I am officially in Wanee ready mode!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

So years ago I too packed up my car way ahead of time, for a summer tour trip in the Northwest. It ended badly, though -- my car was broken into and the only thing left was one flip-flop!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:38 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

tarheelcrowe wrote:
First time Wanee and first time multi day fest, camping, etc. I've been reading all these tips and posts for several days and I gotta show my ignorance....

The 5 gallon bucket bathroom deal. Where do you empty it out? Is there a dump station you take it to or something?

Thanks for all the tips. My wife and I are super pumped. Coming down from NC on Thursday.

Bump.... any feedback?

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:17 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Get some trash can liners and use those. Then just tie the bag and throw it in your trash pile/bag. At the end of the fest people will start to make trash piles so that the sanitation dept can pick them up easier. If memory serves me correctly, I do remember seeing a few dumpsters you could take it to.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:46 am Profile
Wanee Master

yes, trashcan liners, do your thing -tie bag- put in another bucket that has a lid... then you can take it to the dumpsters around the park or the dump station when it gets a lil full, DO NOT wait till completely full, THAT SH!T IS HEAVY!! lol ......... pun intended :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImage

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 am Profile
Wanee Pro

djkeeb69 wrote:
yes, trashcan liners, do your thing -tie bag- put in another bucket that has a lid... then you can take it to the dumpsters around the park or the dump station when it gets a lil full, DO NOT wait till completely full, THAT SH!T IS HEAVY!! lol ......... pun intended :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Rivernole wrote:
DoYouRememberTheSun wrote:
not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but here is a wanee tip. the food vendors at the park do not take cash, you have to first buy tickets from the park, then pay the food vendors with these tickets. now heres the tip. if you wake up sunday morning with a pocket full of tickets you will be out of luck because from my expirience at the park most, if not all of the food vendors pack up and leave town sat. night leaving you with useless tickets. so dont get caught with leftovers sun morning, buy that extra beer or deep fried oreo sat night.

Now that is a grate tip...don't buy more than you need Saturday..

Agreed, I always end up with a couple for the ride home. Noone seems to exchange them for beer event though i try.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:46 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I personally think the DIY portapottie is kinda gross, and possibly a sanitation nightmare.
I can understand wanting to do it, as yes, you won't be choking when using it, (compared to the provided proto pottie), but just imagine if every camper had their own...chances are, you'd be setting up your tent within 20 ft of someones toilet.
How much time do you spend in the bathroom anyway?

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

My Tip if it has not been covered is...................... baby wipes.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 pm Profile
 [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next