Last visit was: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 pm It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 pm

[ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next
 Festival Tips and Tricks... 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Festival Tips and Tricks...
Great check list. I'm excited to see everyone. I must comment on the turn of the thread that might remind you of a South Park episode. So here's my two cents worth.....

I must hand it to the park because, I too would make the walk towards the un-known of the blue porto potties. Much to my surprise it was being thoroughly clean. They are the cleanest compared to some it's all about timing.

I will be bringing "Zip ties". They right up there with Duct Tape!

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

To keep your cooler cooler, longer, throw a wet towel over it, and (obviously) keep it in the shade. The wet towel works on the "swamp cooler" effect....cooling via evaporation. Works real well if there is a breeze.
The downside is dealing with a wet towel all weekend.
Might be more pleasant to just buy more ice...

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Brian Sexton wrote:
To keep your cooler cooler, longer, throw a wet towel over it, and (obviously) keep it in the shade. The wet towel works on the "swamp cooler" effect....cooling via evaporation. Works real well if there is a breeze.

That's an interesting idea. It's kind of funny that a wet towel provides insulation to something whose entire purpose is insulation.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:03 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Brian Sexton wrote:

That's an interesting idea. It's kind of funny that a wet towel provides insulation to something whose entire purpose is insulation.

I know what you're saying, in some circumstances (no air circulating, very humid for instance) it could probably be detrimental (conducting heat better)
The idea is evaporative cooling, I've tried it on backwoods canoe camping trips and it does help a little usually. Not really an issue here, being that we can buy ice at Wannee.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:23 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Brian Sexton wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Brian Sexton wrote:

I know what you're saying, in some circumstances (no air circulating, very humid for instance) it could probably be detrimental (conducting heat better)
The idea is evaporative cooling, I've tried it on backwoods canoe camping trips and it does help a little usually. Not really an issue here, being that we can buy ice at Wannee.

Science is fun.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:59 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Serious LULZ at being scared of port-o-potties late night or early morning.

That is the time to hit them up. Nobody is around.
They are usually freshly cleaned.

Few things worse for me than having to take a huge dump at a festival and having a line of people behind me. "That guys taking a s#%t! Aww man, hurry up in there!!"

Walking out after a tripshit and having a hot girl standing there giving you that disgusted look.........no thank you!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:59 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Been there done that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Albert Einstein

www.Bonnarootips.com

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:58 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Haven't we all!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

zappaphile wrote:
tripshit

I learned a new word today.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:13 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Next year, I'll be bringing a backpack for carrying ice or firewood back to camp...bags of ice are kinda hard to carry once they get condensation building up on them.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:20 pm Profile
 [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next