Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:07 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:07 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Clean and Sober 
Wanee Gnome

Post Clean and Sober
Any folks going? I'll be heading down Thursday afternoon sometime from Montgomery, AL and wll have yellow balloons attached to tha tent. Email me if you want to get up panic1013@yahoo.com

Sun May 24, 2009 10:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Clean and Sober
panic1013 wrote:
Any folks going? I'll be heading down Thursday afternoon sometime from Montgomery, AL and wll have yellow balloons attached to tha tent. Email me if you want to get up panic1013@yahoo.com

Clean & Sober.....just to clarify, are you looking for friends that don't partake? If you so, cool, but it's not me. just want to help you find what you are looking for. PEACE!

Sun May 24, 2009 10:56 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Just wondering if any other yellow ballooners (phellowship, gateway, wharf rats, etc...) were heading down.

Sun May 24, 2009 11:02 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

panic1013 wrote:
Just wondering if any other yellow ballooners (phellowship, gateway, wharf rats, etc...) were heading down.

I'm ignorant of that ....googleing yellow balloners

Sun May 24, 2009 11:04 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

check out soberfans.com or phellowship.net im not positive what the wharf rats site is. It's mostly fans recovering from addiction/alcholism, but is open to anybody who wants to stay clean and sober at shows. It's a great thing

Sun May 24, 2009 11:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

panic1013 wrote:
check out soberfans.com or phellowship.net im not positive what the wharf rats site is. It's mostly fans recovering from addiction/alcholism, but is open to anybody who wants to stay clean and sober at shows. It's a great thing

More power to ya! hope my question sends like minded folks your way.

Sun May 24, 2009 11:10 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I've seen one thread where a group of Friends of Bill W. were getting together and I think I saw some mention of Warf Rats. I'm not a "member" of either group but I don't partake anymore either. When a "good time" becomes the sole focus of your life, its time to get a grip and deal with it. I did. One less problem ...

Mon May 25, 2009 12:39 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:o So PROUD of anyone that can do that!!! My mom, bro, aunt and 2 uncles and my livein is an exalkie all alkies!!! I have seen the damage done and could NEVER become one although at times I have tried!! It is just awful! have a girl that I adopted (not legally but she was a runaway and her parents gave me consent of her as she was my neices best friend) anyhow she is currently going to meetings and etc...Heather has been taking her and she is doing well and said she was a little to weak just yet to come to Wanee..she got on crack..what a fking NIGHTMARE that stuff is!!!! Anyhow am praying that GOD gives her the strength to get clean this time for good as we all have her BACK!! I told Heather that she should go to the meetings with her (for drinking) and she went to a few????But after this little outing am going to see how she does...and if she doesn't slow down I will make her go into tx...It has destroyed so many people and families it is just a shame! Glad to know that they have these YELLOW balloon things for peeps like that...this girl went to school to learn rigging and has worked with top promoters (she and Heather went to NY backstg STONES) and to see her not work in that business anymore is sad however she has other trained skills as well and it isn't as tempting as the ROCK N ROLL scene she would pull up here at 4am with the bands buses :lol: :lol: :lol: Bet my neighbors loved that ...but she is good at her job so ? lets hope she will get over this downfall as it has been hell on all !!!! God Bless all of you X users of whatever substance...wish I could quit the dam ciggs my dad was preaching at me yesterday!!!! It is hard I honestly think that they are putting stuff in them to make us more addicted to them!!! Peace and I just might have to slap a patch on my ass ;)

Mon May 25, 2009 1:20 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Panic:

Hey now! I'm a friend of Bill, and I appreciate your S12 efforts. I'll be camping near the horse barns and will look for your yellow balloons; might try to get a couple of those myself.

Email coming separately. See you at the Radiators!

Mon May 25, 2009 9:20 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Yo Arthur!

Jack J. from the Gateway here. Me and at least 8 others from the Mobile/Baldwin County sober fans crew will be in attendance. Not sure if there will be a table or anything but we can definitely get up to get down. :D Glad to here you are going to make it!

Mon May 25, 2009 9:37 am Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next