Last visit was: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:39 am It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:39 am

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Question on setting up camp 
Wanee Fan

Post Question on setting up camp
Alright I have a newbie question, which may or may not have been answered in previos threads.

The way it's looking right now, my friends and I may not be rolling in until after dark on Thursday. How dark is it in the camp areas? Or do I need to try and rearrange our schedule to get there before sunset? Or would it be better to wait until Friday morning? :?: :?:

Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Question on setting up camp
Definatly come Thursday night. I came on friday last year and had to drop off the dogs, buy beer (because the thursday nighters drank it all), went the wrong way (for some reason, I know I know how to get there), had to find my people, set up.

I left Jacksonville at 8:15 am. Wasnt ready to party till 1:30 p.m. I was pretty agro by the time I was set up.

Just come Thursday so you can enjoy 2 full days of music.

Thu May 28, 2009 11:14 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

All good info...I just confirmed after seeing the sch that I'll be forcing myself to drive in Thursday...an all nighter, bring on the Waffle House coffee and the Red Bull....

Thu May 28, 2009 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Thank you much! I'm sure I'll be fine, it's my friends, that don't camp, ever, that I'm concerned with. That and running over someone while I'm driving in.

Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 am Profile
Site Admin

greeneyes wrote:
Thank you much! I'm sure I'll be fine, it's my friends, that don't camp, ever, that I'm concerned with. That and running over someone while I'm driving in.

I would say also - if you are camping on the back side - say out by the field or pines area - make sure you know where those turns are on the wanee map (in my sig) just in case the road by the mushroom stage is closed for any of the pre fest music. They may both play the music hall but it wouldn't hurt to be familiar with it and the route.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Thu May 28, 2009 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

waneewoman wrote:
All good info...I just confirmed after seeing the sch that I'll be forcing myself to drive in Thursday...an all nighter, bring on the Waffle House coffee and the Red Bull....

I'm doing the same! waneewoman didn't I read somewhere you are leaving from NC? What part?

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu May 28, 2009 11:35 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Yea I suppose I need to figure out where were camping before I drive onto the grounds in the dark. I'm sure you all would find me that way though, I'll be the crazy person in the Honda Element that looks so incredily lost!

Thu May 28, 2009 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

greeneyes...I bet there will be plenty of folks where you set up that will be more than happy to help you get your tents up ..help with lighting...

I am with V..definately come on thursday nite. no matter what the hassle is, you will be so glad you did it on friday.

Thu May 28, 2009 12:45 pm Profile
Site Admin

I have provided my cell number to some of the members with an offer to help set up if needed. Mrs. wl loves to help as well as me. If anyone needs the assist - PM me.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Thu May 28, 2009 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I'd offer help as well, but it sounds like you might be arriving when the Radiators are playing..and I can't miss that since it's sister DAna's birthday!! ALSO not sure how much help I would be at that time of the evening...
:roll:

probably be good for laugh..to hold your beer for ya...but that's about it! :lol:

Thu May 28, 2009 12:53 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next