Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:15 am It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:15 am

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Question on setting up camp 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Question on setting up camp
NCviper wrote:
I'm doing the same! waneewoman didn't I read somewhere you are leaving from NC? What part?

Leaving from WAAAAAAY up near VA border...Henderson, north of Raleigh. Prolly leave about 3 or 4 if possible...where you leavin' from?

Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 pm Profile
Site Admin

waneelover wrote:
greeneyes wrote:
Alright I have a newbie question, which may or may not have been answered in previos threads.

The way it's looking right now, my friends and I may not be rolling in until after dark on Thursday. How dark is it in the camp areas? Or do I need to try and rearrange our schedule to get there before sunset? Or would it be better to wait until Friday morning? :?: :?:

I would say also - if you are camping on the back side - say out by the field or pines area - make sure you know where those turns are on the wanee map (in my sig) just in case the road by the mushroom stage is closed for any of the pre fest music. They may both play the music hall but it wouldn't hurt to be familiar with it and the route.

Didn't see this before but I just looked at the schedule again and they have at the top "DON'T MISS THE WANEE KICK OFF PARTY THURSDAY NIGHT JUNE 4th at 8:30PM at the MUSHROOM STAGE FEATURING THE RADIATORS and THE BOBBY LEE RODGERS TRIO." so if history repeats itself - the road by the mushroom stage will most likely be closed if you roll in during the shows. Knowing the turns and layout from the map is a definite.

**Drive slow and keep the dust down everyone. It really sucks when you're walking on one of the dirt roads and people go flying by kicking it up. What's the hurry?**

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Sat May 30, 2009 6:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I agree with Waneelover and might add that safety helps ensure that Wanee will be there time and again. If people go too fast an accident may occur then come the lawsuits, then no more Wanee. But F2, I always take my four wheel drive truck to the sand pits to blow off steam( when noones looking).

Sat May 30, 2009 3:18 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2