Last visit was: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:21 am It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:21 am

[ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next
 The BEER Thread 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: The BEER Thread
treehugger wrote:
libarchiver wrote:
Out of round wrote:
#9 to get drunk. Miller-lite to rehydrate.

I like the # 9. MH is the s#%t!

I don't often drink beer, but when I do I prefer MH #9! :lol: :lol:
Good stuff ;)

You must be the most intersting treehugger in the world. Stay thirsty my friends :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:52 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

So many it's hard to name.... Terrapin makes some goodies, moo-hoo is a chocolatey one. WNB or wake n bake is great coffeeish tasting stout.

Had some amazing Cigar City Espresso Maduro which is a take off their regular brown ale that got a boost of espresso. I like the regular Maduro also for a session beer.

Also love:
Bells Double Cream Stout
Youngs Double Chocolate Stout (import)
Southern Tier Choklat

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale is good (high abv). I like it mixed with Lef Hand Milk Stout or Lost Coast 8 ball. Great combo.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:41 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

KaiReef wrote:
New Belgium's seasonal Skinny Dip - fantastic summer lager that tastes like herb;
though I do love their Fat Tire.
Sweetwater 420
Our local craft brewery's King Street Stout, especially good with some vanilla ice cream:

That stout ice cream combo looks amazing!!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

libarchiver wrote:
I like Fat Tire a lot. I do mean A LOT.

I've been to lots of craft/micro breweries though. aerocha & I did a tour of Sierra Nevada on Sunday, and it was awesome. I had so much fun! I've also done Yuengling, Blue Point, Brooklyn, Magic Hat, Otter Creek, New Belgium, Full Sail and some others.

Are any of you into hitting up breweries? What are some local breweries to your neck of the woods?

We have a local brewery here, Orlando brewing is the clever name. Lol. They make some decent stuff but we usually would prefer going to one the local beer bars with more variety.

Zach and I would love to take a trip and do some brewery touring. Hopefully one day we will be able to take a trip like that!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:49 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

JFestie wrote:
So many it's hard to name.... Terrapin makes some goodies, moo-hoo is a chocolatey one. WNB or wake n bake is great coffeeish tasting stout.

Had some amazing Cigar City Espresso Maduro which is a take off their regular brown ale that got a boost of espresso. I like the regular Maduro also for a session beer.

Also love:
Bells Double Cream Stout
Southern Tier Choklat

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale is good (high abv). I like it mixed with Lef Hand Milk Stout or Lost Coast 8 ball. Great combo.

love your taste in beer...i could drink the left hand milk stout for days...then a terrapin wake n bake to get some espresso wakeupedness for good measure!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:42 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

JFestie, I like the Bell's Oberon. That's another brewery I've toured. That stuff will surely knock you out though. In Grad School there was a bar in Columbus, Ohio - The St. James Tavern - that would always have a Bell's special on tap. We drank vodka if we were studying, and the Bell's if we just took a test. :shock: :shock:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

This may be blasphemy to some of you, but Miller Lite cans are the most popular choice (in volume) at the Meet and Greets.

hahaha

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:33 am Profile
Wanee Master

JFestie wrote:
Also love:
Bells Double Cream Stout
Southern Tier Choklat

THANKS! I couldn't remember that Terrapin beer -- it WAS Moo-Hoo, and it was great. I like the Young's, too, and Brooklyn's Chocolate Stout. Now I need to find the Bell's, southern Tier and Cigar City beers you mentioned. More brownies are required!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 am Profile
Wanee Lover

drinkability.
such a corporate marketing term but it holds much truth.

there are some brews that you (i) can drink one after another.
then there are some brews that i love but can only handle a few.

If it's cold , i like it. unless it's Boddingtons or some cask conditioned brews which are served slightly warm.

Drinkability wise, there are just too many to list. Yuengling and Molson golden are big on my list,,,but sooo many others make the grade.

it seems most people i know get hooked into the marketing of Bud/BudLight/Miller domestic beers(subliminal bastards,ha)...and where this is fine if thats what you like,there are so many great beers compared.
Most of my friends drink Bud Light which i think is a weak beer (flavor wise) but i'll gladly drink them if they are free or my only choice.

Sweetwater,Terrapin,Red Brick are some of our local flare and all are good.

Hey Tieyoshoe51,,,since you like Porters, have you tried Seirra Nevada's Porter? it has to be one of my fav's and they used to have it on tap at our local but no longer. try it if you can.

beer is good.
drink responsibly !!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:48 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Ok,you are all killing me here.I may have to get a few brews today,So I guess I can comment now :lol:
I like good beer,all kinds.I have not had a favorite in years(Well I have one,but its to much $$$ to drink it all the time)Samuel Smith Products,And it would get old if I drank it all the time.I like to try something new.Tried the Moo hoo this winter,Yummy,And the hopsacutioner,Deadly :lol: There are so many good Micro brews around,and they are all getting bigger(cause friends dont let friends drink Shwagg Beer)So,even in small little towns,I have gotten good beer. :)

Sunbeams shinin through his hair,,
Appears not to have a care....

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:00 am Profile
 [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next