Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:38 am It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:38 am

[ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 34  Next
 The BEER Thread 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: The BEER Thread
everyone on here need to go out and find "Grand Cru" by Rodenbach. Belgium sour ale.

does anyone on here know about surly? Its a small brewery in MN and they put out limited seasonals year round. Its mostly a Minnesota thing. I have had a lot of good craft brew... nothing beats SURLY!

Anything from O'Dells in Ft. Collins, CO... Flying dog, Red hook. Im all about the double IPA. Rush river Double Bubble!?!?

If your real lucky go out and try to score a bottle of Sierra Nevada's "Hoptiumum" One beerstore in my area got 12 cases, they were gone less than a week! One of the best beers ive had.

Oh yeah... and if you wanna get reall drunk... Hop Slam, and Golden Monkey.. 10% brews. MMMMMMMmmmmmm

Those are a few of my favs.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:17 am Profile
Wanee Pro

If you can find vintage bottles of it, buy Dogfish Head's "Golden Era", or the earlier version "Golden Shower" (ha!).

Drink it while you are feeling very adventurous and wide-eyed, and it can bring you to tears.

Trappist ales are the best beers in the world, hands down.

If you ever see Trappist Rochefort, BUY IT. The 6, 8, and 10 are all excellent, but if you see the 12, buy what you can.
Pretty much rated the best beer in the world.

Drink one when you are on that special level, and it will shoot you to the top of the mountain, give you crazy braingasms etc

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Image :D 8-)

Sunbeams shinin through his hair,,
Appears not to have a care....

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I like that taddy porter too

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Master

Lots of Tampa folks weighing in! Good to hear it. The Mellow Mushroom Magical Mystery Tour pizza is to die for. I never look at a menu any more.

And they do have lots of great beers on tap, including Smutty Nose Porter. They used to have Rogue Chocolate Stout ON TAP, and that was the bomb, but they have not been able to get kegs from Rogue for some time now.

Perhaps we will see you Tampa folks tonight (02/25) at Skipper's for COPE and Spiritual Rez. COPE blew it out a month ago there with the Heavy Pets. We dug Spiritual Rez at Bear Creek and look forward to seeing them again.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:17 am Profile
Wanee Lover

sammy smith's imperial stout. it'll get you drunk. you might even fight a nigga or two . . .

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."

-Bob Dylan

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Going to the beach today so keeping it light....some albita purple haze....orange blossom pilsners and leininkugels sunset wheat....hope to catch some fish and a buzz ...

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Yummm....so many delicious beers mentioned. Abita purple haze, sounds great for a beach beer.

That Sam Smith's Nut Brown is one of the beers that turned me onto all the American Craft brown Ales, so I am forever grateful for that.

As for Mellow Mushroom, love them, love them, love them. The year Wanee was in June (2009) there was a Mellow Mushroom tent (I think it was there last year too) and we spent a fair deal of time in that tent when it was pouring, sharing what we had for some of what they had (delicious piping hot pepperoni pizza). We also have two in Orlando. The one in Winter Park (like a part of greater orlando this giant, never ending area) is really serious about their beer. They received one of the two Terrapin Depthcharge kegs. Definitely perfect for me as it is an espresso/chocolate brewed milk stout. I loved it. Only got two or three glasses because that keg went dry in a couple days.

Dogfish Head, great beers. I have more respect for them after watching the show too (brew masters or something like that). It showed me how much love goes into their brews, and although it may not be a style you would normally be drawn to their beers have a story and a reason for being brewed. I love their ApriHop which is not like many apricot beers that are really sweet, it is well balanced with hops so we always bring a couple packs with us to Wanee. It is one of the few beers, both Zach and I really like.

I like some Belgians too, but not as much into the sour Belgians. I really like St. Bernardous Abt 12, but it is nearly $5 a bottle and packs like 12% or something so I can't drink that a whole lot.

Some of the blends are pretty good. Great Divide makes one called Belgica which is a combo of a begian and IPA.

Beer gets me excited. And I haven't had one in like three weeks. Been trying to eat healthy and lose some fat, so haven't had any beer. I really really really want one now.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Cosmic_Charlie wrote:
everyone on here need to go out and find "Grand Cru" by Rodenbach. Belgium sour ale.

does anyone on here know about surly? Its a small brewery in MN and they put out limited seasonals year round. Its mostly a Minnesota thing. I have had a lot of good craft brew... nothing beats SURLY!

Anything from O'Dells in Ft. Collins, CO... Flying dog, Red hook. Im all about the double IPA. Rush river Double Bubble!?!?

If your real lucky go out and try to score a bottle of Sierra Nevada's "Hoptiumum" One beerstore in my area got 12 cases, they were gone less than a week! One of the best beers ive had.

Oh yeah... and if you wanna get reall drunk... Hop Slam, and Golden Monkey.. 10% brews. MMMMMMMmmmmmm

Those are a few of my favs.

Hopslam is one of my b/fs favs, but at $20 a six pack he doesn't get it that often.

The Sierra Nevada Hoptiumum sounds great too. Wish we could come across some of that.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

scarletfire1585 wrote:
sammy smith's imperial stout. it'll get you drunk. you might even fight a nigga or two . . .

Youll be fuc#ing Fat b!tches in no time.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:35 pm Profile
 [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 34  Next