Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:17 pm It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:17 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Lots of good park info 
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: Lots of good park info
:D Thanks for all of that...but I still have tht Brnrecluse in a baggie and it dam near killed me! Had a hole on my abdomen the size of a gunshot wound..signed the consent to have part of my abdomen removed...(dam I didn't think about it that could have been my ticket to lipo ):?: Anyhow I did survive and didn't hve the surgery? But still not 100% don't think that I will ever be? So still watch out for all of the above...yeah the one that got me was almost red!! There are over 21?speices of recluse!!! JMO Peace and great 411 about the park! Do you have a missing persons/Lost & Found People place? :lol:

Fri May 29, 2009 8:56 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

marky wrote:
Quote:
~Other than last minute availabilities, POWER AND WATER SIGHT ARE SOLD OUT.

This makes no sense..

I think what he means some will be available because of last minute cancelations.

Fri May 29, 2009 9:12 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

yeah, i tend to believe the people with extensive medical records. the other 95% base it on their color. you know, a brown spider. but i have met a handful of bite victims bitten throughout north florida, probably poorly documented migration. Spirit of the Suwannee has two species and a subvariant of widows. the black, the brown and a "brindle" variety. it would indicate immaturity, except she's the size of the tip of my finger and 5 egg sacks. my cable service boxes throughout the park contain one or more 15% of the time. gooooo nerds.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:23 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks Stymie. I envy you that you get to work at the park. I would live there if I could. :)

Fri May 29, 2009 10:30 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Calypsomamma wrote:
Thanks Stymie. I envy you that you get to work at the park. I would live there if I could. :)

Ahhhhh the spirt of Cmamma wandering the park year round!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri May 29, 2009 10:37 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
stymie wrote:
yeah, i tend to believe the people with extensive medical records. the other 95% base it on their color. you know, a brown spider. but i have met a handful of bite victims bitten throughout north florida, probably poorly documented migration. Spirit of the Suwannee has two species and a subvariant of widows. the black, the brown and a "brindle" variety. it would indicate immaturity, except she's the size of the tip of my finger and 5 egg sacks. my cable service boxes throughout the park contain one or more 15% of the time. gooooo nerds.
So are the egg sacks like whitish and round little cotton like? A friend told me I have tons of those here and was bitten by a blkwidow yrs ago ..thought it ws the flu until trip to the er they saw a huge bruise that I didn't know i had and said that I was bitten by blk widow?? Not near as sick as the other bite whatever the heck got me..even thought it ws one of those rare spiders from Australia that can lie dormat for over a yr :shock: as had imported a dog from there in this huge wooden crate?? thanks for you great advice and watch out for those creatures ..say do you all have a lot of bees and wasps up there?
:shock:

Fri May 29, 2009 10:46 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Calypsomamma wrote:

I agree, that is a beautiful area of this fine State. I've spent countless weekends camping on the Suwannee River.

Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I think I would like to get good and baked and let stymie take me on a park tour.

Fri May 29, 2009 1:45 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

is there a place where primative campers can get some water for cooking/ cleaning?

Sun May 31, 2009 3:12 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Stymie--there is some great information there. Thank you for tht. I am hghly allergic to posion ivy and the rest of tht stuff so I will be mindful of that!

Sun May 31, 2009 10:55 am Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next