Last visit was: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 am It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 am

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 I'm just sayin 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: I'm just sayin
Great post owl................thats why I'm coming by myself, peeps just didnt understand....and i am a Wanne virgin, hope i find a spot to pitch. Just cant miss Little Feat and ABB.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:59 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Loduck!! look us up!! Wanee badges .. :shock: for em!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

If you don't meet them again at Wanee, you can count in sisters Danado and owllover to take good care of ya f2!

PEACE OUT..until tomorrow, or until I get bored again with the packing crap!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

owllover wrote:
If you don't meet them again at Wanee, you can count in sisters Danado and owllover to take good care of ya f2!

PEACE OUT..until tomorrow, or until I get bored again with the packing crap!

And you can take That to the bank!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

NCviper, I appreciate the CD offer and if it's not too much hassle will take you up on it. We hope to be at LTS's on Thursday. Me = big, tall, ponytail, blue H and H Diner t-shirt with cinnamon girl wife Pamela. thanks

peace
greg

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:30 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

All I can say is W H A A T??? How did I miss this lovefest? I am feeling it you all. Sister, you did good. Smooches to you all and LOVE YOU LOVE YOUR SHOW!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Owl,
If he feels like that, it is probably better that he does not go. You will ultimately have a better time...

You cannot be more excited than I am so I totally understand your excitement. And it is my birthday weekend!!!

Okay, so we are down to decorating our campsite and came up with this really cool idea. We are making red & white mushrooms like the ones on this site and decorate our site with them. You'll could do it too and it would be so cool if they were all over the place. They are simple enough to make. We have made them before. Here is how:

Get one of those straw chinese hats from a party place or costume shops. They are only $2 in N.O. Then get one of those long pole-like floaty things that you hang on in the pool with a hole in the middle.

Spray paint the straw hat, top and bottom, in red paint. Let it dry really good. Then cut out a piece of newspaper to cover the hat. Cut random circles in the paper. Place the paper over the top of the hat and spray paint white paint in the cut-out circles. You will probably need to spray 2 coats of white over that red paint. Let it dry a bit before pulling off the newspaper but not too long because you don't want it to stick.

Then take that floaty and cut a piece off the length you want your stem to be. When you set it up in the site, you can hammer a little stake into the ground and then set the floaty stem right over it so it won't blow around.

I am not going to connect the stem to the now "mushroom cap" until I get to the site for packing purposes. I will just bring my hot glue gun (got a site with electricity) and just run a circle of glue around the top of the floaty and then press the "mushroom cap" down into place.

VOILA!! Instant ABB Mushrooms!!!

If anybody wants to do this but can't glue together when you get here, you can come by stable camping site no. 82 and I will glue yours together for you. If you have any questions while you are doing it and need to call me you are welcome to do so. My number is 504-884-1471. We will arrive Wed. night very late.

It would be so cool if the forrest had these all around, wouldn't it? That is what we did at a party in Houston once. They were all around under the trees as you walked way back to the gully at this little private venue in the Heights. Let me know what you think guys.

Wahoooo Waneeee!! :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:35 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

The genius of new orleans party planning....Cajunqueen, happy happy birthday and thanks for the great lessons in 'shroom making! We're headed to N.O. from Natchitoches this evening, then I-10 to heaven. greg

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:38 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Hey Grang how young is too young? I was 16 The experience of being there was almost as good as the show. So many sights for my eyes to see. Grand Funk and the brothers were the best. ABB continures to be my all time favorite. We have a Rib fest here in St. Pete that has some really good music Greg allman was here a few years back wish they'd book him again. Gosh I hope I run into some of you guys. I have lived in Baton Rouge ,Pensacola Dothan and visited alot of places ya'll talk about. I won't be coming till fri but will look for the slip-n-slide, parade and all the other things ya'll have planned. I wouldn't be surpised if there are sparks in the air all around you guys as fired up as you are :D

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Hey miss kitty, well, in summer of '69 I was six years old....growing up in the shadow of my then-teenaged brother who had guitars and all sorts of groovy things. I hope we get to meet as well. Klutz that I am, I should avoid the slip-n-slide, but the parade, etc, sounds great!!

greg

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:33 am Profile
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4