Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:29 pm It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:29 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
 Buying tix/ picking camp sites 
Wanee Gnome

Post Buying tix/ picking camp sites
Hey i am very new to Wanee and festivals in general. Do we pick a camp site when we buy tix? And if so, where is the best place to camp by the water thats not too far away from the concert?
Also, does anyone want to share a camp ground with me?
Im very friendly, 21 years old and will help out whenever needed!

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Buying tix/ picking camp sites
This is my first time too. My understanding is that primitive camping (included with the ticket) is first come first serve. And it sounds like there is camping all over the property. You can also reserve a spot that has electricity and water but that costs something like $109 a night.

I'm going primitive myself. Peace :D

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:54 am Profile
Wanee Peach

This is my 3rd year to wanee and I can tell you that is you get there thrusday afternooon you should have no problem with finding a camping site. Also u can have your car at your site just in case u didn't know.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:50 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

hmmm, I won't be able to get there until late thursday / early friday AM. are you saying that camping sites do actually run out?

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

postjack wrote:
hmmm, I won't be able to get there until late thursday / early friday AM. are you saying that camping sites do actually run out?

Not the primative sites they will squeeze you anywhere after it gets to full but the w/e sites that are an extra $109 are already sold out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
R U serious they are sold out of electric and water sites??? Holy Cow.....had a lot going on here and could not jump on it right away and now this isn't sounding too great...what about generators can we bring those???? :? Thanks

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:21 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Not to sure about the generators.You might wanna call to see if it's allowed...Just so you know most of the camping site with w/e are reserved a year ahead of time if you had one the year before you have the option of re-reserving it for the following year so just a heads up if you plan on coming next year and need the w/e but with tent camping u will have no problem finding a spot tons of room and trees.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Wouldn't let not having hookups deter you from coming. My dad always rents a RV for the weekend but he too was too late in reserving a spot. He has decided to join us peasants in primitive camping even though he said years ago that he would never camp again.

Get an air mattress, a couple of battery powered fans, and a good water proof tent (my coleman has weathered some serious storms without a leak) and you should be pretty comfortable.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:12 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Dartdog82 wrote:
postjack wrote:

Not the primative sites they will squeeze you anywhere after it gets to full but the w/e sites that are an extra $109 are already sold out.

thanks DD, I'm not worried about w/e sites, primitive all the way!

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:29 pm Profile
 [ 9 posts ]