Last visit was: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:07 pm It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:07 pm

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wanee and Walmart... 
Wanee Master

Post Wanee and Walmart...
I went to the local Walmart to get some of the Wanee approved "Go Ready" bug repellant. As I was waiting to check out with my dog food, charcoal and peanut butter cups, the man behind me said "are you cooking out"? I said "No, I'm going to a music festival". He said "which one", I said "Wanee", and then he said "Wait, let me buy you a drink!" He ran off and I was thinking what a nut.... He came back as I was checking out and handed me a bag of "Go ready" which he had already paid for. He said "that's the best drink money can buy up there" and proceded to tell me all the mosquito horror stories... Now I have extra Go ready! Anybody need some?

Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Wanee and Walmart...
Well, that was cool! Just bring it, I am sure someone will need a squirt! Way to pay it forward!! That's the SOS spirit!

Fri May 29, 2009 10:29 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Lover

i haven't even read this post ,,,and i look for the first time at ab's avatar.....
omg......we have to talk.....beautiful.

beam me up,,,,,gently

Fri May 29, 2009 11:19 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

nice post AB.....i love the heartlight in some that shine...
you've been shined.....go ready young lady....go ready.

Fri May 29, 2009 11:20 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Are you there already AndieBee? In Suwanee Co. that is??
Last year I want to Wanee totally last minute. I was doing the travelling med tech thing and went without gear (just my ford focus zx5 hatch). I stopped at that walmart for a few things and met an old woman (I asked her where the closest liquor store was) that told me, "dis cown-tay dry as toast"

so I got some 6% wine there and had to trade for good whiskey....not really happening.

ended up taking the wrong drink from the wrong person and slept for 10 hours...I digress.

Coming prepared this time and BTW my tent is humongous...just set it up 13 X 17 (with screened "porch")for $40 clearance at my Inverness Walmart.

Looking forward to meeting you, as a scientist we'll not taalk shop :ugeek:

Rebecca

Sat May 30, 2009 12:48 am Profile
Wanee Master

Hey BB! No, I'm not in Live Oak just yet, just finishing off my Wanee pile of crap taking up the front hall. I won't be driving up until Thursday am sometime (with a stop at the airport in Orlando on the way). I work in the medical field too by the way. Feel free to talk shop (briefly), then we can talk music! :D

Sat May 30, 2009 6:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

AndieBee wrote:
Hey BB! No, I'm not in Live Oak just yet, just finishing off my Wanee pile of crap taking up the front hall. I won't be driving up until Thursday am sometime (with a stop at the airport in Orlando on the way). I work in the medical field too by the way. Feel free to talk shop (briefly), then we can talk music! :D

Don't forget the talk we are gonna have about gnome Mapping!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 30, 2009 10:26 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Damn beautifullybroken, I had to read that one line 4 times! I am from here and I couldn't read broken Southern very easily! I have to agree that Suwanee county has its own local language!

Sat May 30, 2009 2:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
hey there BB which tent did you get still have to get one for the gkid? Have so many nice ones that I have seen on here and still trying to figure out the RIGHT one?? Sounds very nice too! Did they have any more I will call them and ask to see if I could get one for that price as I think we will come through that area on the way up from Sarasota? Thanks and can't wait to meet all!

Sat May 30, 2009 3:59 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

The Target, Pier One, and World Market in KC is SOLD OUT OF EVERYTHING now that I have purchased everything they had.

I sure hope I still have money for beer at Wanee!! :x

Sat May 30, 2009 4:40 pm Profile
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next