Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:28 pm It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:28 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
 Should I bring my kayaks? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Should I bring my kayaks?
I have 5 in total. I am renting an Enterprise cargo van without roof rack so I am limited to the two inflatables and the two Heritage singles at most. Tandem Walden won't ride. My question is this:
I am willing to bring them if there is a real interest in daytime partying/paddling!?! In return, I will not be able to bring as many luxeries for myself. Not a real problem, but would like to camp somewhat near stages with like-minded people that may have a way to transport them to river (i.e. pick up)
I am all about the groove, and the river is a huge plus for me...
Please post replies.
Thanks in advance,
Rebecca

Sat May 30, 2009 1:22 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Should I bring my kayaks?
hmm this could be interesting.

Sat May 30, 2009 3:18 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Hey BB....have you seen the "Paddle" thread? We haven't post to it for awhile but I'll bump it up.

Right now we are planning a short float Friday am....maybe only an hour cause the outfitter doesn't open til 9 and there will be so much else to do. I'll be there Thursday and would love to do a float as long as I get back to camp by 2 or 3. I think others may be interested too.
I'll rent an open boat since I'm a big boy (260 lbs, 6'3") and have never found a yak that would handle me. I know,,,,the open boat means I have to carry everyone's cooler!

Sounds like a good time

Sat May 30, 2009 10:39 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I'm coming as early as I can Thursday too. When we get set up, maybe just amble down to the outpost and see what happens? Maybe at some point those who are really into it can exchange cell numbers or something. Go to "Paddling"

Sat May 30, 2009 11:55 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I am a pretty avid canoeist, but I would not bring my Yaks or canoes to Wanee, unless you are an earlybird. But come Monday morning I'll be floating down Juniper RUN in Ocala Nat. forest. That is prime floating for the creek dippers like me! The Suwanee is great , though, for all types of paddling!!I got chills, man!

Sat May 30, 2009 3:04 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]