Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 pm It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 pm

[ 2 posts ] 
 Let's make red/white mushrooms/decorate forest - here's how 
Wanee Peach

Post Let's make red/white mushrooms/decorate forest - here's how
Okay, so we are down to decorating our campsite and came up with this really cool idea. We are making red & white mushrooms like the ones on this site and decorate our site with them. You'll could do it too and it would be so cool if they were all over the place. They are simple enough to make. We have made them before. Here is how:

Get one of those straw chinese hats from a party place or costume shops. They are only $2 in N.O. Then get one of those long pole-like floaty things that you hang on in the pool with a hole in the middle.

Spray paint the straw hat, top and bottom, in red paint. Let it dry really good. Then cut out a piece of newspaper to cover the hat. Cut random circles in the paper. Place the paper over the top of the hat and spray paint white paint in the cut-out circles. You will probably need to spray 2 coats of white over that red paint. Let it dry a bit before pulling off the newspaper but not too long because you don't want it to stick.

Then take that floaty and cut a piece off the length you want your stem to be. When you set it up in the site, you can hammer a little stake into the ground and then set the floaty stem right over it so it won't blow around.

I am not going to connect the stem to the now "mushroom cap" until I get to the site for packing purposes. I will just bring my hot glue gun (got a site with electricity) and just run a circle of glue around the top of the floaty and then press the "mushroom cap" down into place.

VOILA!! Instant ABB Mushrooms!!!

If anybody wants to do this but can't glue together when you get here, you can come by stable camping site no. 82 and I will glue yours together for you. If you have any questions while you are doing it and need to call me you are welcome to do so. My number is 504-884-1471. We will arrive Wed. night very late.

It would be so cool if the forrest had these all around, wouldn't it? That is what we did at a party in Houston once. They were all around under the trees as you walked way back to the gully at this little private venue in the Heights. Let me know what you think.

P.S. I posted this on a couple of other topics and then decided I should start a new one for it.

Wahoooo Waneeee!!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:50 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Post Re: Let's make red/white mushrooms/decorate forest - here's how
Just got back from Ozomatlie at South Port Hall and then Papa Grows Funk at Maple Leaf. First Bday Babe, as of midnight, has hit her date. Happy Birthday Ashleigh!! She is making a tie dye sheet sign. Can't wait to see it.

Regarding the mushrooms, we decided to just bring the red & white spray paint and pattern with us and make the mushrooms at the campsite. It will be easier to transport that way. I will make a few extra patterns as well. So if want to, you can just bring the hat and the noodle (aka floaty :lol: ) and we can spray them and hot glue them at the fest. If you do it, bring a stake so you can secure it. Also, buy outdoor spray paint. I have a large bag full of glue guns and sticks. I can bring that too.

It would be awesome if folks made them over the days after they came in and they gradually popped up here and there... Sort of psychedelic... mushrooms poppin' up everywhere. :lol:

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:42 am Profile
 [ 2 posts ]