Last visit was: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:09 pm It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:09 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New this year, Glam Camping 
Site Admin

Post New this year, Glam Camping
I thought this new idea deserved its own topic and there is clarification here too for early arrivals.

http://www.musicliveshere.com/content/events

http://musicliveshere.com/content/glam.doc

March 26, 2015

Dear Wanee Customer:
Enclosed please find the tickets you have ordered to attend the Wanee Festival at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida on April 16th through the 18th. Please bring them with you when you arrive to attend the event. We will exchange your tickets for a wristband at the Gate when you arrive. Remember our festival entrance will be open, so program your GPS to the following address: 9379 County Road 132, Live Oak, Fl 32060
Weekend and VIP tickets include camping Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. You are welcome to arrive early for an additional per person fee of $20 per person if arrival is on Wednesday; $30 per person if arrival is on Tuesday; $40 per person if arrival is on Monday; and $50 per person if arrival is on Sunday. Beginning on Tuesday, April 14th the Park credentialing area will be open 24 hours a day until the close of the event. As long as you wear your event wristband, you may leave the Park and return as often as you like. You will be required to show your wristband at designated security points. Please note, wristbands are your responsibility. If you lose it, you must purchase a new one at Gate prices.

We are also introducing a new product for Wanee this year, Glamour Camping. Glamour Camping is a 10x12 white canvas tent, with air mattress, bed linens, tables, vinyl flooring and exclusive Glam Camper use of a bath house, the cost for two starts at $1,050 (all taxes and processing included in that price.) We also have packages that include a Golf Cart. All Glamour Camping options include Wednesday thru Saturday night. Check it out on our events page at musicliveshere.com Only a very few packages are available.

We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks and hope that your stay is pleasant and enjoyable. We have enclosed a camping coupon to encourage you to return to the Spirit of the Suwannee during a non-event weekend. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you very soon. Drive safely!

Sincerely,

Darrell Brooks
General Manager, Spirit of the Suwannee Music
Park and Campground

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:38 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: New this year, Glam Camping
Waneelover, I am curious about whether the amounts are cumulative for individuals arriving sunday prior? Maybe it's because I'm old and slow but since I have already paid for the saturday prior, I am now going to pay 50 sunday, and another amount for monday, then tuesday...or does the 50 on sunday cover me until the festival.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:44 am Profile
Site Admin

grandmacracker wrote:
Waneelover, I am curious about whether the amounts are cumulative for individuals arriving sunday prior? Maybe it's because I'm old and slow but since I have already paid for the saturday prior, I am now going to pay 50 sunday, and another amount for monday, then tuesday...or does the 50 on sunday cover me until the festival.

The $50.00 per person paid on Sunday covers them until the festival officially starts on Thursday.

AccuRadio

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

i clicked this hoping it was camping with bands like L.A Guns, Winger, Pretty boy Floyd and such. I would have signed up for that

Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Someone clue me in to where these white Glamping tents are gonna be, so I can point and laugh at them, without mercy.

I normally try to avoid an us-vs-them mentality... but I am sorry, if you have no idea how to put up a tent or make grilled cheese or hitch up an RV trailer, you really should be in a motel. Or, just go the f!*k back to Telluride, you wine swilling goons you.

-----

There's some interesting stuff on the web about the extreme glamping that has occurred at Burning Man in the last couple years. With paid sherpas, and their way less than positive experiences, and the bypassing of several of the principal tenets of what BM is supposed to be, by the glamp organizers.

We know that, for better or worse, 'VIP' is an accepted thing at nearly any festival that's worth a damn. Catering to the 1% crowd with glamping and other idiotic gourmet styled accommodations, is an unfortunate but logical conclusion. Problem being: with all that cash comes undue influence, and a possible screwing up of what was once a very cool thing.

May it never really take hold at any fest held at the SOSMP.

IMO

(rant over)

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:09 pm Profile
Site Admin

beach bob wrote:
Someone clue me in to where these white Glamping tents are gonna be, so I can point and laugh at them, without mercy.

I normally try to avoid an us-vs-them mentality... but I am sorry, if you have no idea how to put up a tent or make grilled cheese or hitch up an RV trailer, you really should be in a motel. Or, just go the f!*k back to Telluride, you wine swilling goons you.

-----

There's some interesting stuff on the web about the extreme glamping that has occurred at Burning Man in the last couple years. With paid sherpas, and their way less than positive experiences, and the bypassing of several of the principal tenets of what BM is supposed to be, by the glamp organizers.

We know that, for better or worse, 'VIP' is an accepted thing at nearly any festival that's worth a damn. Catering to the 1% crowd with glamping and other idiotic gourmet styled accommodations, is an unfortunate but logical conclusion. Problem being: with all that cash comes undue influence, and a possible screwing up of what was once a very cool thing.

IMO

(rant over)

I've met enough new friends that have flown in from all over the world that would certainly have a use for this sort of thing.

AccuRadio

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:35 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

I have 4-5 extra tents....maybe I could set up a Glam Spot around the Lake and rent to some of WaneeLovers friends....could make a small fortune at $1000 a week.

Hmmmmmm
Cook for 'em and offer a private privy.
Not a bad idea.....

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:41 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

It really is more of a mindset thing, for me.

I flew to DC with my son, and rented a tent and bedding for DelFest last year. But it was still very spartan, and the tent renters worked together to make it liveable. Still very much an instant community sort of vibe.

But when you have moneyed sorts being catered to by those who want to accommodate them, us normies will most certainly get the shaft. Event organizers have no problem ceding prime real estate and amenities to a minority with lots of cash to spend.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:47 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

beach bob wrote:

-----

IMO

(rant over)

Not sure why this upsets you so much, honestly these types of arrangements can work out nicely for out of town attendees. You can fly into a nearby city and take a cab or swing a ride to the venue without having to worry about renting a car, transporting or buying gear and you are able to peace out of there without having to worry about tearing down on the last day.

As far as cost goes, if you figure buying or transporting your gear, paying for a reserved site, renting a car to get to the venue with your stuff, and the frustration of dealing with all of that garbage while you are on vacation it becomes well worth it. I do not think their prices are out of line at all considering just a reversed site alone is like $400.

The Wanee version seems pretty basic and far from the illustrious versions of glam camping I have seen at other festivals. So I find it interesting that you admittedly plan to ridicule someone because they have different needs or ideology then you do when it comes to something as simple as how they plan to enjoy Wanee.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:05 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Beach bob is a bully :D

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:08 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next