Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:52 pm It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:52 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
 For those who are paying their respects... 
Wanee Fan

Post For those who are paying their respects...
thought I read on an earlier post that some are going to the gravesite. got this from a book called the Tombstone Tourist.

Final Resting Place
Duane and Barry are buried in the historic Rose Hills Cemetery in Macon, GA. Located 90 miles souhe of Atlanta take I-15 south to the second Riverside Drive off ramp outside Macon. Drive straight ahea on Riverside past the Riverside Memorial Cemetery. Go throught the college street light and turn left into the main entrance of the cemetery. Park at the emtrance of the cemetery.(the roads are very narrow and uneven throughtout the cemetery),and lookfor the map on the outside of the cemetery office. Theyare buried at Carnation Ridge above Soldiers Square. Once through the gates, veer right and look for the 600 confederate gravesite down toward the railroad tracks. From here you will see a flagpole. Standing at the flagpole facing the river, look to your left. Down in the ravine you will see their two long matching stones, 150 feet from the grave of Elizabeth Reed. The site is maintained by the Allman Brothers Band Association.

I cant personally vouch for these directions, but I hope they can help...kinda sounds like a treasure map... :lol:

Sat May 30, 2009 8:37 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: For those who are paying their respects...
Thank you,PUFF to the rescue again! ws thinking about going to see the site (when we see mule next mo.in
ATL) but wasn't sure where it was so now will have to save your enjoyable as usual message to use as our directions! You ROCK lady PUFF!!! 8-)

Sat May 30, 2009 8:46 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: For those who are paying their respects...
I am going to go on my way from wanee to phish knox., bonnaroo. I added this stop to my journey a few weeks ago. thanks for the directions. I have been told that it can be difficult to find.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:53 pm Profile
 [ 3 posts ]