Last visit was: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:55 pm It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:55 pm

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Calling all cars!! Parade request 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Calling all cars!! Parade request
SHUT UP!!! My aunt lived in Happy town for a long time. I have spent a lot of time in Opelousas and in Mamou. My mom used to teach at Acadiana Prep. can't remember what they called it back inthe day. Right after you get off the overpass and come under....it is on your left.

Funny story I was on Beale street New Years 2000 and there was a zydeco band at BB Kings...they were from Opelousas and played at Slim's Waykiki. What are the chances?!?!?!?!?!

I made friends and ended up on stage with them playing the spoons on a washboard as we rang in NY 2000! UNforgetable.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:17 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Slim's Yi-kiki! I love it. One saturday morning (when else?) at Fred's Lounge I met reporters from Offbeat (wonderful N.O. music mag) and took them to Slim's around 1:30 a.m., but it had just closed. My sister's still in Mamou and my Dad (82 and going strong!) in Lafayette. I'm up north in Natchitoches. I hope we get to chat, chere! We'll be in a reddish Corolla....geez, with so many people I'm wondering how people from the forum will meet. We're huge ABB fans but are looking forward to the whole ordeal!

greg

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:21 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

does anybody know if at past wanee's they were selling glassware.. tobacco pipes? whatever the proper lingo is i remember langerado.. had an actual pipe booth with some realllllly nice pieces for good prices

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:24 am Profile
Wanee Pro

C-momma, can I ask what year(s) you were in so Louisiana? I'm wondering if Acadiana Prep might have been ABW (Amy Bradford Ware) school where my cousin graduated back when...'79 (I'm 1980 grad from Mamou Hi School.

greg

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:24 am Profile
Wanee Lover

So funny...only on this forum would I meet someone know knows where Slim's is. LMAO. Just make sure you got to LTS meet and greet on Thursday 4 ish. PM him and he will give the location. Also don't forget about the parade! I would love to meet you guys along with everyone else!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 am Profile
Wanee Lover

MAPEXPROM wrote:
does anybody know if at past wanee's they were selling glassware.. tobacco pipes? whatever the proper lingo is i remember langerado.. had an actual pipe booth with some realllllly nice pieces for good prices

yes

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Pro

<<I made friends and ended up on stage with them playing the spoons on a washboard as we rang in NY 2000! UNforgetable.>>

C-momma, what a way to ring in the millennium (well, more or less..)! Y2K be damned when the Zydeco's on!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Indeed, I PM'd with LTS and will certainly scope out the parade. Thanks!! We'll pass a good time for sure!

Have a great pre-Wanee Monday folks, check ya later

g

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:29 am Profile
Wanee Lover

:) :D :D I will remember it forever. That was just one of the hilghlight of the trip too!!! Yep Y2K be damned...my spoons and washboard would have still worked!! LMAO!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:30 am Profile
Wanee Peach

I forgot- I know the parade is fairly early- but what day is it? I have some silly feathery umbrellas and beads to bring! :roll:

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:57 am Profile
 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next