Last visit was: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:24 pm It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:24 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Clapton chatter 
Wanee Gnome

Post Clapton chatter
heard some chatter that Clapton will be a surprise guest! Actually, it is possible, since he just finished his spring tour and his next scheduled tour date is with Steve Winwood on June 10 at IZOD in NJ. Clapton and Winwood on PBS tonight from MSG! Check your local listings!! :)

Sun May 31, 2009 9:54 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Clapton chatter
magnolia wrote:
heard some chatter that Clapton will be a surprise guest! Actually, it is possible, since he just finished his spring tour and his next scheduled tour date is with Steve Winwood on June 10 at IZOD in NJ. Clapton and Winwood on PBS tonight from MSG! Check your local listings!! :)

There has been such talk in a few posts...given the obvious connections...would be sweet for a BEACON ABB replay @ Wanee!!!

Sun May 31, 2009 9:58 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

i'm getting bigtime signals on this.....thats all i can say...

Sun May 31, 2009 10:02 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Are you kidding me? ARE YOU F@#$ING KIDDING ME!!!!!????

Sun May 31, 2009 10:14 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

hE WAS ON aUSTIN cITY lIMITS ON CHANELL & PBS in Jax tonight! Nice treat.

Sun May 31, 2009 10:52 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Veteran

Dude how did I miss that? I have been hearing this talk all along, but noone to confirm, but the possibilities are numerous. Jax rules!

Sun May 31, 2009 11:10 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

DON'T YANK MY CHAIN!!! I'll die, I"ll simply die if this happens!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

THUMP THUMP THUMP - that is the sound of my heart about to beat out of my chest!
:shock:

Saw Clapton with Robert Randolph at the Tampa fairgrounds in May last year. Was awesome. The crowd didn't have much love for RRFB. Heard someone refer to them as just some opening act. :evil: They tore it up and I think that people left with a different view on them. Steely Steve and I jumped up and ratteled around like idiots until they were done wooping and hollering. Everyone just looked at us...until the end when Clapton played cocaine...everyone got up. I yelled at everyone - "were the hell have you guys been the whole time??????" It was Like they all just woke up....at the end. Thier loss. :D

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:08 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Cocaine :x

HATE IT. so overdone, overplayed...OVER IT. there are just way too many better songs. I think he played it at Crossroads and I did one of these :roll:

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:11 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I know I was so pissed that all the other great music that was happening and noone even gave a S and then the last song of the show everyone gets excited about "cocaine." I mean really..pissed me off.

We were jamming and dancing on the lawn in front of God and everybody. All others were sitting down. We picked up our chairs when we left and it looked like we were a bunch of hens sitting on a nest of beer bottles. they were just mounded up. That is a great little venue. We stayed at a hotel across the street...walking distance thank God.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:17 am Profile
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next